Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
73 year old man. At least he came and found me to give me his insurance info. Old fart picked it back up by himself.

Where do you go to get a repair estimate??? The dealership....????

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are the tanks on the C and S the same???

??

·
Registered
360 Posts
Man that's a tough one .......... and here I am worrying about running into butterflies . :roll:

·
Registered
332 Posts
yea, i believe the tanks are the same. sorry to hear about your bike. at least the guy was straight about it and found you. hope you get it fixed up soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ouch.....

Man I am so sorry to hear that.....

I swear I found those words so hard to read...sigh :cry:
Good luck with that!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Bumer dude: DID YOU KICK HIS A$$ :twisted: Just kidding Shi++ happens. I would definitly take it to the dealer, at least for the estimate. Then I would see how much I might do on my own and pockett a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
73 y/o and picked it up himself! You you know that ole feller had some adrenaline pumping.
Hope everything goes well in the repairs and it's up and running before you know it. Maybe it will rain hard non stop till you get it fixed....that way you will fell like you didn't miss anything. :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Since he admitted to it, and it's on his insurance, take to someone you can trust and who does good work. They're not always the same. Dealer might be your best bet. Can you get a rental while it's in for repair?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'll do my rain dance for ya till you are on the road again. Let me know when to stop I look pretty silly waving my arms in the air all the time.

Take care
RattlerX

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
AU-VTX said:
73 year old man. At least he came and found me to give me his insurance info. Old fart picked it back up by himself.

Where do you go to get a repair estimate??? The dealership....????
Yea take it to your dealership and get an estimate on the total cost to repair it, than contact the other guys insurance, or your insurance with the cost to repair it.........Sorry to hear about it and hope you get it fixed ok and soon.........

PS check to see if your State has a diminished value clause in their insurance laws........Can get you extra money for value loss. Also take pictures before and after.....trust me on this. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Just be glad you weren't sitting on it

·
Registered
313 Posts
NO NO NO NO NO

Since it sounds like he has insurance. . . .

WAIT. DON'T Take it anywhere. Even if it is Driveable, riding around might casue further damage to some parts and the adjuster will blame you for "incidental damage".

Most REPUTABLE insurance companies now come to you.

ALSO. CONTACT YOUR OWN INSURANCE IMMEDIATELY. HIS INSURANCE MIGHT TRY TO DENY LIABILITY. (I assume you have collission!)

Some Companies, State Farm in particular, have a policy that the "motor-sickle-ist is always wrong. Sue us." When I was hit head on on my 750 by a guy who got a ticket for driving on the wrong side of the divided street, State Farm said I was at fault because motor sickle-ists are always driving recklessly." I had to sue. (I won.)

When a guy in a van backed over my wife's new V-Star (2 days old, 53 miles) Geico came to us. The adjuster had a laptop and we went over the damage item by item. He even offered to have it transported to the dealer, but it was driveable. $1500 damage was his estimate. He cut a check on his portable printer and said take it where we wanted, and have the shop contact him if it was more. There was about $30 left over, and Geico said keep it.

When someone hit my friend's Jeep, he called his ins.co. and they said have it towed to your home. Then their adjuster came out, did their thing, and the other ins co did the same. Everything is mobile now.

J

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear that the guy backed over your bike. But, I'm glad to hear he was so good about it. I'd hate to tangle with a 73 year-old that picked up your bike, who was he, Jack Lalane's son? :shock:

·
Registered
86 Posts
If that 73 year old guy could lift it on his own, I would hate to mess with him at 33. You are very lucky you found an honest man. I would get three or four estimates and give the insurance the highest one. Then, after they settlled up with you on the claim, I would start looking for the best value place to fix it that still does quality work. Tell them you want to do a "Cash deal" No insurance involved. Last year this happended when we had similair damage on our car. I got estimates and a check for $1665.00 I looked around and took it to another repair shop that does good work. I told him I wanted to pay for the repair cash with no insurance involved. He fixed it for $500 cash. It is still as good as new.
"You might as well turn lemons into lemonade."

·
Registered
653 Posts
Have the Honda dealer go over it. I have never seen my dealer repair anything on an insurance claim. They REPLACE every damaged part. The liability is too great to get parts repaired.
I went through this with Statefarm, it was my fault and no problems with the claim.
I used HRCA to get the bike hauled in for free.
Good luck.

P.S. Us old guys are usually pretty square and take responsibility. Dang whippersnappers threatening to kick as$. Can you pick your bike up?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts