Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
worth it!

I ordered a set of the cobra fatty freeway bars for my 1800 from a local shop. I stopped 2 weeks ago to ask him if he could get them. Yes quoted 169.99 for the bars. I told him i would get back to him. Next week i called to order the lady working the shop found them and ordered them but told me the price I was quoted went up to 185.00 ........ well i kind of questioned them on it and finnaly i said fine you can have them here tomorrow I will give you $185.00 (hdl 180.00)

Bars show up i go to get them and guess what not the fattys....... She tells em the warehouse mixed them up on numbers. They were shipping the correct ones last night so i can get them before the weekend. (shipping form chicago to fulton Illinois normal ground is next day)

I just got the call they are in... but they will now cost me another $15.00 because the fattys were more than the 1.25"ers.... YOU quoted me on the fattys to start with. I told her so now your charging me FULL LIST RETAIL with no discount? She got a lil snotty and said well im only making 40$ as it is............. I hung up......

Will stop by there tonight after work and either getmy money back for the origonal 185$ or..........................................

Lesson learned so far is I wont GO BACK!

If you quote a price and I was there you just cant keep on raisisng it and the mistake was not my fault!

BUll puckey :twisted:

no more shopping local for bike parts i guess............... The local shop can jump in a lake..... or river its closer!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Bars

Since they were going to be shipped anyway, you should give HAL a shot.

I know sometimes that instanteous satisfaction is worth a little extra money.

·
Registered
233 Posts
hmm

Tell me about it, I tryed to get parts at my local honda dealer, prices are always higher and parts have to be ordered which could take up to a week to get. I call HDL always save between $10 and $20 dollars even without a sell going on. I don't even bother to try the locals anymore. HDL usually ships my parts within four days I have them. Can't figure HDL is in South Florida I am in North Florida my local dealer is five miles away.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Our local gang here gives you 10% off his inflated price IF you are a HRC member,(STILL way higher than most mail order), I am usually the only one in there, acts like you have leprosy and won't even speak to you when you come in, (sure was friendly for that hour I spent buying a bike tho') always has to order everything, and now I have heard thru the grapevine that he is going out of biziness soon or at least is in trouble.........welllll.duhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welllllllllllllll

Went there asked for an explanation of why the attempted 15$ fees... they stumbeled a bit and finnaly said they would EAT IT...... ahhhhhhh felt so bad for them... NOT A HONDA DEALER BTW........

I have purchased damn near everything on that scooter from HAL and this was one of them i wanted them this week and figured I would try and support this 2 year old shop.

I told the gal (owner or mother of the owner) that I could of driven 30 miles up river to another shop and he quoted me the same origonal 169$ but i was trying to support another local business. I told her also that her salesman (son) told me they listed at 199 and he would sell them for 169 2 weeks ago when i spoke to him and that she may want to TRAIN him a little more on price quotes..... :twisted: I love beig in retail myself. I was not rude nor mean just want an explanation of how.

on thrusday i PAID for and Picked up what was supposed to be 1.5" bars for 185$ and in fact they were 1.25" in the bag (they werent even in a box) I questioned the size when they put them on the counter and then brought them back in when my clamps were WAY TO BIG. You said the shipper made a mistake and sent the wrong ones. You reordered the correct part and then tried to jack me for another 15$. (if the shipper screwed up why would there of been any differance in cost?)

Then she shows me her bill for them! 140$ for the bars and 15$ for freight.... hmmmmmmmmmmmm wonder if she was trying to recover the freight twice? (btw the vendor sent her a call tag for the incorrect ones)

new ones came in a box. Wife helped me put them on. got the pegs mounted. Works well just have to get used to it. LOOKS NICE BTW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts