Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the board. As you can see from my one mighty post. Am currently deployed to Al Udeid airbase, but on return in one week will be purchasing a new '05 1300, either a C or and R, havent decided yet. Ive been doing a lot of lurking and obviously everyone seems satisfied.
Is the 1300 enough for 2 up riding down the highway? Im sure it is, just want to make sure before I purchase so I can keep the wife happy. I come from a totally different background. Had a 93 CBR600F2 in college so this will be a totally differnt type of riding for us.
Anyone regret their purchase for any reason?
Thanks for the help and hope to be posting a lot soon.
Thanks.
Matt

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
welcome to the VTXOA family..GOD bless for what you for this contry! :D

"Anyone regret their purchase for any reason? " one word: NO :!:

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Aggie98 said:
Hey all, new to the board. As you can see from my one mighty post. Am currently deployed to Al Udeid airbase, but on return in one week will be purchasing a new '05 1300, either a C or and R, havent decided yet. Ive been doing a lot of lurking and obviously everyone seems satisfied.
Is the 1300 enough for 2 up riding down the highway? Im sure it is, just want to make sure before I purchase so I can keep the wife happy. I come from a totally different background. Had a 93 CBR600F2 in college so this will be a totally differnt type of riding for us.
Anyone regret their purchase for any reason?
Thanks for the help and hope to be posting a lot soon.
Thanks.
Matt
Welcome Matt, about the two up riding, I almost always have my wife on the back, but when she isn't there the bike seems to be the same so I don't think you'll have much of a problem. Good luck, come home safe bro, and welcome to the board.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, thanks for the quick repllies. Now if I can just decide between the C or the R.......

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Aggie98 said:
Wow, thanks for the quick repllies. Now if I can just decide between the C or the R.......
Thanks for your service 1st and foremost....and maybe this will help you make up your mind.
Bigdog

G

·
0 Posts
Get the "R" in RED. It's the fastest color, ya know. :pepper1: :pepper1: :pepper1:

Runs great two up.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

G

·
0 Posts
C or R

First of all thanks for your military support of our country. We all appreciate what you are doing.

As for the C or R it is a matter of styling. C is more modern whereas the R is more traditional. Both bikes are great so it's a matter of personal taste. I like the old style with spoke wheels so I went with the R, but then again I am an old guy:):)

Riding two up is not a problem. I don't notice any problems when my wife rides on the back.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Aggie,

You'll love the 1300. As far as R or C, they are very different and you'll just have to pick the one more appealing to you. Just make sure you pick 'Black'. 8) Good luck with your purchase and get back safe. Hope the Freedom Bird is on time!

BTW, are you with JSTARS? Your location (Robins) leads me to believe that. I just finished my second AWACS tour last year.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Maybe this will help. The C model handles very well. I have set it up for two up riding as you can see. The bike has plenty of power for two up riding. The friends we ride with the most both have Harleys. One has a Heritage Classic the other an Ultra Classic. The C will leave both of them while cruising two up at highway speeds. The Harley's are a little quicker I think accelerating off of a dead stop but the VTX will pull away from them in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear. Either X is going to be a great ride. The C is lighter than the Retro which may give it an edge in power.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
First of all, Thank you Aggie98 for your service to this great Country and God Bless You and all your fellow servicemen/women. Please come home safe, we need more Xer's! 8) Now, about your choices, really only one safe bet:

The Red guys and "C" guys are gonna try and talk trash on Black Retros, their jealous!! Just kidding though, whatever choice you make you're gonna be extremely satisfied. These are Great Bikes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm a former R1 rider

Matt,

First and formost come home safely and thanks for keeping us safe!
Ive been a sport rider all my life and I JUST BOUGHT THE 1300R! And I have to say its night and day! I absolutely love my black 1300r! I love the classic lines and that retro look. Regardless of what model you buy just remember that there numerous ways to taylor it to you liking. So far all I got is Light bar, kurry grips, cobra crash bar and some sprinkled chrome. I'm a newbie as they come to cruisers but I tell ya this Bike is easy to handle and its confidence inspiring! Also I cant say enough good things about the riders on this board! Its like a family here and you can just about ask anything! Just dont bring up the best VTX color or helmet wearing here and you'll be fine!
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Matt,

Hope you guys get finished paving the new parking lot over there and come home safe and soon..

Im a noob to riding all together and can tell you that I absolutly LOVE my 04' 1300C. Was looking around for about 2 years before I made up my mind.. Glad I chose the X.

Awesome job, God Bless and come home safe.

Bode

·
Registered
248 Posts
Aggie98,
Baught my 1300C last Sep Sep after returning from Al Udeid. It was the best decision I made. 3 weeks later my wife wanted a bike of her own.

Glad you are getting out of there before the heat/humidity really cranks up.

Come home safe and if you are near the MXG complex stop by QA and say hello to TSgt Gress. He is a super individual. He returns about the same time as you.

God Bless and good luck with you decision.

RattlerX

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome Matt
Just like to say thank you for giving of yourself to this country. Come home safe. It does'nt matter what you get the C or the R, or the color, the choice will be right by just getting the X. The fact that you are part of a great group of people on this board.........Good Luck.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Either one is a great bike. Just get the style you like and make sure you get the color you want. Both can be decked out to you hearts desire or at least till the funds run out. Or as my wife says, "I thought you bought that bike to save money"? I just smile :D and say "yes dear". Gotta love her and that I do.

I'm retired AF myself and my son is now stationed at Robins. He's in the mob. Done that myself except at Tinker and I must say, I don't miss it.

Be safe!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
The 1300 can handle 3 up and a sidecar, and cruise all day at 75mph. Welcome to the board.
of couse that is the red one, not sure if the other colors could do it. :lol: If you are a teen ager like bigdog 1 you might want the C model, but us old dudes seem to gravitate towards the R and S models. I want to thank you for your service also Matt. Get us some pics when you get her.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Aggie98 said:
Is the 1300 enough for 2 up riding down the highway? I'm sure it is, just want to make sure before I purchase so I can keep the wife happy.
Just buy her one too : ) You couldn't make her any happier than that ! ! !

·
Registered
353 Posts
2 Up is OK

You'll hardly know the passenger is there, power-wise. You probably know this, but mechanically, the C and R and the same bike. The R is a dress-up bike, the C is sportier (at least that's the way I see it). Welcome to the board. We can't thank you enough for serving our country. I worked in support of the soldier in the field for over 35 years. Believe me, I am fully appreciative of what you've done.

Ride safely and have fun!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts