Honda VTX Forum banner

Sound system?

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Curt E 
#1 ·
Vtx 1800, 05, want to add tunes to my ride, mp3 player, ear buds, handle bar speakers, helmet speakers??? Want decent sound....what have you all tried that works well..LOVE the vtx btw, multiple harleys, yamahas,wings, etc....I'm a honda guy...thanks

#2 · (Edited)
I would go with a batwing faring with whatever system you want. Anything else just isn't good enough.

My test for a good stereo is, at 60+ mph if I hear a song I have never heard before, can I make out the words. With my batwing setup I can.

I have a Tsukayu GPS batwing fairing. I added the optional Nakamichi 350 Watt powerful amplifier. I rewired it to mono bridged and swapped out the crappy speakers with Polk Audio mm692's.

Some day I may change the headunit to an apple carplay unit. But, for now, I'm happy.

Tsukayu GPS Batwing Fairing:
https://tsukayu.com/QuickDetachableFairingwithGPS.html

Polk Audio mm692:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BVPPRP8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Riding with a batwing fairing takes getting used to, but now, I don't like riding without it. It does a great job of blocking the wind. I also added a longrideshields recurve windshield (I measured after I had everything installed, the top of the shield is right under my nose).

Here are some pictures (Click for higher res pictures):

#6 ·
They are illegal in many states, I'm not sure which states.

I use ear plugs while I ride, I can hear my batwing stereo over the wind noise and ear plugs. The plugs actually make it so I hear the stereo better, since it cut out most of the wind noise.

#7 ·
My bike has a Batwing and when I got it, there was a Alpine deck and bar mounted speakers. I removed them on day 2 of ownership. No offence to anyone here, ride your ride, but I don't like to listen to others music and assume no one wants to hear mine.

I have a Uclear BT communicator and play music through it. I wear a 1/2 helmet and use noise cancelling earbuds with it. I also have a speakers in my FF helmet for the few times I wear it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.