Honda VTX Forum banner
101 - 120 of 126 Posts
sorry for the late post i hung out in racine for an hour and didnt get home till 9 and with out haveing night glasses with me kinda sucked..lol

anyways i had a great time and one hell of a ride! i had my doughts at first but turnd out to be realy cool i recomend everyone try this once. it was great to see everyone especaly some of the dells crew for recaping the madness lol. joe it was great to finaly ride with you and hang for an afternoon and i hope everythings going good on the home front. lee thanks for the awsome ride up! sam its great to hang out agine its been to long and make sure to tell drew we missed her! to everyone else your all great people and im glad i decided to make the trip up!

hey tdog..after we split up we went to the bar there at the intersection (turn it luce) to grab something to eat and when we came out you were parked two spots over ..lol..we figure you were getting some mexican cause we didnt see you at either bar..
Jamie...we saw your bike when we pulled up but didn't see you in either bar. Turns out there are 3 bars on that corner....we picked the Press Box for a quick cold one...LOL Ride home was much better....think the wind died down a little. It was great riding with ya...see ya at the MMR!!!

YEPPERS!!! I shocked everyone and showed up for the SOUP RUN...it was great, had fantastic weather (after my bike got f'd up from the roads) The trip up was great, thanks Lee and the ride home was good thanks to ADAM getting misguided by his GPS!!!!:dontknow::D:D

A great day riding with the best VTX riders around!!!!!!

See ya'all soon at the MMR if not before!!!!!

Sam
Sam it was great seeing you again...I kept staring cause I wasn't sure at first if that was YOU

It was good to finally meet a few you folks. Glad you all had a good ride both ways. Looking forward to actually riding with you at MMR. And your bikes look better in person! :cool:

Discussion starter · #107 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Great pictures Joe!!!!!Soup RUN was a blast. I think June counted 16 bikes in our group, what a turn out . June and I were talking about IT all the way too Eau Claire. It was great seeing everyone and meeting some of the new folks to the board also. I still can't believe a guy (Rob, Mr. Soup) opening his own house to a bunch of strangers, let alone BIKERS. It really opens your eyes to all the good in people.

Well June and I made to Eleva at about 7:00 pm. We then found Iron Bags........What a place......... Located on dead end road right in the middle of HUGE pine tree stand. The place was picture perfect. Set up our tent went back into town to eat and a couple of beers. Came back to Iron Bags and got a personal tour of the operations, along with some more beers. Back to town for the festivals and soom more beers and some more beers. Can we see were this is going. Back to the shop, started a camp fire and some more beer and new friends. Stayed up to 3:30 this morning just sitting around talking stupid.

Got up at 8:00 am went to town for breakfast NO BEER. Said our good bys and got on the road at 9:30. Before we left we ask Max the owner of Iron Bags about some good roads to ride out there. Man and did he have some roads for us. I will give you all the list if roads he gave us to ride later. So when you all are up at MMR you must check then out if you have time, some of the best roads I have riden in the state and not far from the MMR. We got home just alittle while ago (7:00PM) and man are we beat. Ended up with 648 smiles, good weather and great friends.

I will post Pictures and a list of some roads Max gave us after we clean up.

Thanks again Lee and June.

Discussion starter · #108 ·
Pics and road list

Some Soup Run pictures

The list of roads.
We left Eleva a drove west to Strum on HY10 then the fun starts. Turn south on HY D off of 10. Stay on HY D to the end.

A few Pics of HYD

Then pick up HY108 south to Mindoro

This is called the Mindoro cut on HY108

Still on HY108

Hy108 will run into HY16. Hy 16 west to Hy M south. Hy M will run into Hy 33. ...............The End....................

Pics on M

If June and I can make MMR we will ride these roads again, some of the best. But there is alot of gravel in thre corners so beware!!!

The last of the Pictures

At Iron Bags Open House

Owners of Iron Bags Max and Donna

Some of our friend we rode with to Iron Bags

Lee

Lee, That looked like awesome roads........you sure know how to find them, whether by mistake or by asking.....wow!!! I like the guy with his VTX on the side of the road, must've needed a break!

My day consisted of Getting up and heading to the airport and taking a customer, who brought his airplane in for work, back to Aurora, IL. I was a bit nervous due to the proximity of the Aurora Airport to O'hare, but it ended up being a great flight. Saved my customer from an ugly, two plus hour drive home.

What a GREAT weekend!!! Biking all day Saturday and getting to fly on Sunday........doesn't get any better than that!!!!!!

Here's a shot of Illinois....................

Here I am flying away....................:shock:

Now you can really stare Tim..........yes, it's me flyin' over everybody's houses.......:yikes:

Sam

Here I am flying away....................:shock:

Now you can really stare Tim..........yes, it's me flyin' over everybody's houses.......:yikes:
Sam[/quote]

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

First of all, my thanks to Rob, our host, for putting on such a great get-together. I feel privileged to have met this generous guy and had a great time enjoying some terrific soup and other food. Also, my thanks to the whole VTX group I rode up with and to Lee for doing a great job taking us on a the scenic route up and to Adam for providing the comic relief with his GPS on the ride home. And Ben, thanks for letting me know this event was even happening and for the invite to tag along. This was a ride I will never forget and I hope we can get the same crew together next year to do it again.

Jamie...we saw your bike when we pulled up but didn't see you in either bar. Turns out there are 3 bars on that corner....we picked the Press Box for a quick cold one...LOL Ride home was much better....think the wind died down a little. It was great riding with ya...see ya at the MMR!!!
LOL! press box was the one bar we didn't go into....we were at turn it Luce...you may have looked it right before we were about to leave and we were both in the bathroom...Defintely great riding with you..see you soon!

Brittany and I had a great time, she has already called "dibs" on next year if Leslie has to work again.....lol.
Thanks to everyone for making this a great ride and Lee for bringing it to our attention and leading the way.

Lee thanks for a great ride. It was great seeing everyone. JORDYN had great time she was a trooper for her first long day and ride. she was warn out when we got home. she was back to her self after a nap.

Hi Lee, This is Mike. I had a blat on the soup run. Very nice group of people to hang with. I would like to keep in touch so I created a profile on this page even though I don't have a VTX.
All are welcome here and rides. Good to have you on the board.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.