Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Southeast Michigan Lunch Gathering and Indoor Shooting Range Event, Sunday, February 14th, 2016!

Few things say Happy Valentine's Day like an afternoon at an indoor shooting range!

The idea will be for us to gather for a lunch at noon, and then for those that would like to do so, we'd then head over to the nearby indoor range upon the conclusion of the lunch meeting.

Clara's ( map ) | ( website )
637 E Michigan Ave
Lansing, MI 48912

Lunch starts at noon sharp.

Total Firearms ( map ) | ( website )
1380 N Cedar St
Mason, MI 48854
(517) 699-0597

Information Regarding the Total Firearms Indoor Range

They have 6 indoor shooting lanes and can accommodate up to 12 people, 2 per lane BUT they do not take any reservations. Shooting is first come, first serve. The fee is $17 per lane with discounts for military, NRA, law enforcement which brings the fee down to $15. That fee is for lane usage from whenever you start to when you get done. It is not priced by the half hour or hour. They open at 9AM and close at 4PM on Sundays.

Range usage here requires the firearm to be left in the case on approach to the shooting lane, uncasing the firearm at the range, carrying the clip back and forth for loading and casing the firearm to leave the lane.

If you have a concealed carry permit, having it holstered counts as being cased!

So maybe we get there at 2PM and get more than one lane or maybe we have to wait for more, but I think we could swap folks in and out while waiting.

This Weather Radar Updates Every Few Minutes!

I know the weather forecast, particularly temperature, road conditions, and the likelihood of crystalline sunshine, are particular concerns to members who are considering joining the February 14th GLRR Lunch Gathering and Indoor Shooting Range event. So I posted this regularly updating weather radar for your convenience regarding one's potential ride participation.

Weather

. . .
  • Lansing, Michigan, 10-Day Weather Forecast: ( link )
  • Precipitation Weather Map, Previous 2 Hrs and Next 6 Hrs: ( link )
  • Wind Chill Index Calculator: ( link )
. . .
. . .
. . .
Please post-up in this discussion thread if you plan to attend the lunch gathering and the indoor shooting range event. That'll help us account for the number of folks that plan to attend that Sunday February 14th event.

Sponsored by the

Great Lakes Road Riders

No Mandatory Fees, No Mandatory Dues, and No Bull. We Just Like to Ride!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

I wonder what the weather and road conditions will be like on Sunday February 14th. I also wonder if I will be able to get a Valentine's Day discount when I purchase more ammunition for this upcoming event. After all, Valentine's Day is a holiday. Valentine's Day is a valid reason to offer a ammunition purchasediscount, isn't it? Isn't it? Anyone? Anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhiCFdWeQfA

Ferris Bueller's Day Off, economics classroom scene, 1986.

Sponsored by the​

Great Lakes Road Riders

No Mandatory Fees, No Mandatory Dues, and No Bull. We Just Like to Ride!​

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The following a slight variation to the final court roomscene in the movie, A Few Good Men.

COL Jessep: There's a fun, indoor shooting rangeactivity set for February 14th following the lunch gathering. You want to shoot some weapons?

LT Kaffee: I think I'm entitled.

COL Jessep: You want to shoot someweapons?!

LT Kaffee: I want some range time!

COL Jessep: You can't handle some rangetime! Son, we live in a world that has indoor firing ranges, like TotalFirearms in Mason, and those indoor ranges have to be patronized by men andwomen who like to shoot weapons in order to remain a viable business. Who'sgonna do it? You? You, GreatLakes Road Rider? I have a greater need to squeeze-off some rounds than you canpossibly fathom! You weep for the motorcycle off-season and you curse thewintertime. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what Iknow: that participating in the upcoming GLRR February Lunch Gathering and IndoorPistol Shooting event on Sunday Feb. 14th, while it costs $17 per person perlane, probably will be a whole lotta fun. And my participation during that off-seasonmonthly event, while it’ll cost $17 per lane, for me, if I won’t costthat much ‘cause I’m bringing my own, non-steel core / non-steel cased ammo tothe range! You don't want some range time, because deep down in places youdon't talk about at parties, you want me at that GLRR Februaryoff-season lunch gathering and indoor shooting range event! You need meat that GLRR February off-season lunch gathering and indoor shooting rangeevent! We use phrases like "sightalignment", "trigger control", "shooting stance". Weuse these words as enablers for a fun time spent at a commercial, indoor pistolrange. You use them as a punchline! I have neither the time nor theinclination to explain myself to a man or woman who rises and sleeps while I’mhaving fun shooting my weapon during the upcoming GLRR February off-season lunch gathering and indoor shooting range event on Feb. 14th, and then questions the manner in which I decide to shoot my weapon! I would rather you just said "Thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you bring yourself, your weapon, and your ammo, to the Total Firearms indoor range and gun shop this upcoming Feb. 14th following the lunch gathering at the Clara's Lansing Station Restaurant, pay your $17 for some range time, and then occupy one of the firing lanes for some fun. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

LT Kaffee: Did you find a range that will allow GLRR shooters to bring their ammo to the range in an effort to save money?

COL Jessep: The Total Firearms indoor range and gunshop allows their customers to do that --

LT Kaffee: Will that help GLRR shooters savemoney while having fun at the indoor range?!

COL Jessep: You're goddamn right it will!! And the GLRR shooters may even be able to ride to the range if the weather cooperates!!

Post-up and attend!

Sponsored by the​

Great Lakes Road Riders

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The Feb. 19th, 2012, Great Lakes Road Riders Indoor Shooting Range Shindig

I'm personally looking forward to this upcoming Sunday Feb. 14th's GLRR Lunch Meeting and Indoor Shooting Range event. I haven't gone to a shooting range with other GLRR members since the shooting range shindig back in early 2012. Here are a few pictures from that event:

FeTT-X

GolFisHunts

Hilt

Tanker

Hilt, FeTT-X, GolFisHunts, and Tanker, at Peter's Indoor Range and Gun Shop in Roseville,
February 19, 2012.

Of course, the upcoming Sunday February 14th GLRR Lunch Meeting and Indoor Shooting Range event will also include lunch at Clara's Lansing Station Restaurant in Lansing. See the first post in this discussion thread for more information, such as:

. . .
  • restaurant and indoor shooting range addresses
    . . .
  • restaurant and indoor shooting range websites
    . . .
  • start time
    . . .
  • weather forecasts, and
    . . .
  • interactive maps

Post-up if you plan to attend this event!

Sponsored by the​

Great Lakes Road Riders

1 - 4 of 4 Posts