Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a vtx1800 into my shop last week, the tube around the rear spark plug was rusted away causing an oil leak from out of the cover. The threaded part is STUCK in the head. I had a special tool that you csn drive in and spin it out but its so tight i sheared off my tool then i had to dig the dang tool out. Now, i still have to get the remains of the tube out. Any ideas?
Eye Automotive tire Water Rim Gas

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
2002 Honda VTX 1800 C
231 Posts
Im going to pull the motor tomorrow, remove the head and ger it out. Im going to try with another specialty tool an if it fails ill bore it out. Ive been giving it the wd40 all weekend.
When I saw the photo I kind of figured it might come to that— pulling the head off and putting it on a Bridgeport. That sucks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ended up grinding it out. The threads were corroded together with the head, and theres a taper that the sleeve bottoms against and it also was corroded together. End of tge day i saved the head for what one on ebay cost and i still have original head. Next problem was the rust ring in the cylinder. I had run this machine to get it into my shop and there was till rust...
Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tire Tread

Water Drinkware Cloud Automotive tire Liquid

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
#18 · 2 h ago

Ahhh, rust in the cylinders....I know what causes that because I did it to my own Shadow years ago

Food Dog Gesture Carnivore Cartoon

1 - 20 of 29 Posts