Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Sparky's wife. He wanted me to let the board know that he was in an accident early this morning. On the way to work at 5:15 AM a 19 year old kid crossed the center line and Rick couldn't get around him. Rick ended up practically t-boning the Chevy Cobalt. Luckily, it could have been alot worse. He broke the ulna right below the elbow and the radiius at the wrist. His hand is pretty messed up. We thought he was going to lose part of two fingers but they were able to save them. He will be laid up for quite a while and may need a second surgery on his hand. No news yet as to whether the VTX is totalled or not (the right side looks great). Anyway, later we found out the kid had been arrested for a DUI so it looks like things are going to get interesting.

Please keep Rick in your thoughts and prayers. I'm going to bring him the laptop to the hospital tomorrow so if you want to send him a note, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Wishing Rick a speedy recovery

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Healing prayers are heading to you from here.

Also tell us how the hospital food is :shock:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
sorry to hear this. He will be in our thoughts and prayers..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Rick glad it was not worse,heres to a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. Get well soon and trust me when I say this, DO WHAT THE DOC SAYS!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hate to hear it, thoughts and prayers are with you....

·
Registered
612 Posts
Get well soon. Sounds like you have some fine doctors putting you back together.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
All good wishes for a speedy recovery and swift justice for the perpetrator. Damned shame....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts