Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 1800F spec 3 has the paint flaking off the engine I do not pressure wash my bike so my question is will honda fix this under the one year warranty??

·
Registered
502 Posts
I thought the motors were powder coated which should not flake off. keep us posted on Honda's reaction to this. I've not heard of this problem before.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had paint flaking off my engine cover and they replaced it. They should replace yours.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
TucsonVTXF said:
My 05 1800F spec 3 has the paint flaking off the engine I do not pressure wash my bike so my question is will honda fix this under the one year warranty??
My spec 3 N also has a couple of minor chips that only I really notice. I touched them up with some high heat paint though. But on the top fins there are scratches on all of them and I believe it came like this cause I cant think of anything i did that would do it.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Absolutely... they should replace if it can't be fixed properly. That's BS if they hassle you on that.

Please let us know their initial and final reactions.
RKip :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
WoW!

I will check mine this weekend. I plan on washing it for the first time.

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Shoudnt the paint on the engine be under warranty on a brand new bike?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Man I saw ur pics and those are the exact same places mine has but not to the degree of urs. I was already planning on goin to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
TucsonVTXF said:
they are saying 45 days from the time you buy the bike it is. we will see both people from honda tech line are saying two diffrent stories but i am still going to drop it off at the dealer and fight for it to be fixed right.

see http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75599
for the photos of the paint
Typically, the 45 days is to identify and report any flaws in the paint, chrome and general fit/finish from the factory.

Paint peeling from the engine after that 45 day period is still a BIG problem. Stay on them... Honda should replace/repair... even if it's a year. Something was wrong with the paint/powder coat prep on that engine ... and it was not identifiable in the first 45 days... or it would not be doing what it's doing.

Don't accept "no" for an answer. Have them set up an appointment with the area Honda rep, if needed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts