Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i have noticed that most of us have aftermarket pipes or some kind of aftermarket air filter,so kind of speed or hp should i be getting ,i have vance & hines big shots and barrons air kit.....my ride is a vtx1800 f model.it just sems no low end isnt enough but the top end is great......

·
Super Moderator
64,333 Posts
Impossible to say, one day it could be 100hp and the next on the same dyno you could get 95hp.

But, with those 2 you might be around 97hp and 110 torque, give or take 3 points either way.

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
Well at Least U can be Happy knowing its more than a Road Glide :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Two things to know... get some sort of fuel management system, and have your bike dyno tuned. You will then have an exact answer to how much power and torque you have. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
get some sort of fuel management system, and have your bike dyno tuned. You will then have an exact answer to how much power and torque you have.
Not to sure about that... I have had my bike dyno'd 4 times and got 4 different numbers for each. All of the hp ratings were within 3 hp though. A lot can depend on temp, air floe for your aftermarket air, etc.

All of this relates to my bike and may not neccessarily represent all 1800s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts