Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 522 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a write up on customizing your speedo face plate, but now I cannot find the thread. Can anyone help??????

·
Registered
595 Posts
Daddy Likes...... Sent him an email and he said he has done quite a few vtx as of late. Says just about any pic on his site will work on our housings.

Jagger

·
Registered
877 Posts
here's my face plate.

·
Registered
176 Posts
here's my face plate.
Very Nice I been working on the same project myself. here is what i have so far.

Original Scan

Cleaned up and got rid of usless km/h stuff.

Inverted Colors

Mixed with photos I have.

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
So, are you guys making these or are you buying them. If you're making them, what are you using and what process do you advise?

·
Registered
176 Posts
So, are you guys making these or are you buying them. If you're making them, what are you using and what process do you advise?
I am making mine. the pics I showed are what I have done so far. When I get to the point where I am happy with the picture I will print it on my photo printer using real kodak photo paper fo ra shinyer picture. the ones I posted are just printed on regular paper. if you download the photos I did and want to print it out set your printer to print at a custom size. 5.17 wide and 3.00 tall. thats how I have it set so it prints it out at the same size as my speedo face plate.

·
Registered
877 Posts
i got mine from http://www.stargis.net/Webslinger/Images/Speedo/index.htm. for $35.00.i think he used to be custombikerstuff,because i got 1 for a 750 spirit i had a couple years ago.was in stevenson washington now in seattle.he can make one with a pic you send him too.it's alot easier to do than the 750.took maybe a hour.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Sawlty....did you just scan that into your computer using a regular scanner? What program are you using to overlay the scan onto the photos?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sawlty....did you just scan that into your computer using a regular scanner? What program are you using to overlay the scan onto the photos?
Yes regular scanner. I am using my sons software that came with his blackberry cell phone. it's made by Roxio. I been using the Transperacy settings. I am still in the experimental stages.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I been using the Transperacy settings. I am still in the experimental stages.
Intriguing ... another 'mod' of consideration ...

So, I understand the basic concepts, and could maybe figure out my next question - but I gotta ask anyway :mrgreen: ...

Once you have the photo/pic you want, printed on the paper/shine you want - what's the mounting process? Is it glued on top of the original? Replaces the orginal?

I haven't removed mine to see how it's all packaged together.

Thx!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Intriguing ... another 'mod' of consideration ...

So, I understand the basic concepts, and could maybe figure out my next question - but I gotta ask anyway :mrgreen: ...

Once you have the photo/pic you want, printed on the paper/shine you want - what's the mounting process? Is it glued on top of the original? Replaces the orginal?

I haven't removed mine to see how it's all packaged together.

Thx!
Thats why I say still in the eexpiramental stage. I ain't got that far yet. and now I got to go out on the road again so it's on hold till next weekend

·
Registered
898 Posts
Just as an FYI, you cannot use regular print paper or even photo paper for this. Whatever you use must have heat resistant qualities and also some type of UV protection. Otherwise the graphic or pic will just dull out on you in no time at all.

1 - 20 of 522 Posts