Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing out my speedo plate with one of the bada$$ ones from http://cyclegrafix.com and broke my speedo needle. Does anyone have an extra or know where I can find one? Thanks in advance!!:oops:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump!! :dontknow: Somebody has to know where I can find one.

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
how about Ebay for a new speedo.
Yeah that but all he needs is the dang needle. What maybe a $5 part? Really a $.50 part but the dealer will stick him for the $5. Unless he has a good dealer like some of us have. Should be able to get it in one or two days.

·
Registered
16,086 Posts
The parts fiche doesn't show the needle seperate, only a complete assy for almost $300 :yikes::yikes::yikes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haven't checked with my dealer yet. I was thinking someone might have done a mod and had one they were not using. Probably just wishful thinking and in the back of my mind I know how much $$ the dealer will want and probably not just sell the individual needle. I will keep looking though. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I can't remember but...

Not surprised at that. Might have to find a bike junkyard, if there is such a thing. :dontknow:
Yes there are motorcycle specific bone yard, at least here in AZ.

When I was into drag racing & car restoring, there were a speed shop that restored/repaired speedo's and other instruments for cars, wasn't a "mom&pop" shop either...:dontknow:

When & if I remember, I'll post back here. May be they'll know where to get one or they may have parts???:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Depending on where and how it broke, have you considered fixing it with some JB Weld or something like that?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Can you go to a junk yard, find a dead speedo and try the needle? Gotta think they have about the same size shaft. Could be a new crap mod!!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Its just plastic... what about it broke?

Super Glue works wonders...

-Gonz

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Check with a Speedometer repair house used for trucking.
My thoughts exactly - Do a Google search on "Speedometer repair" - you'll be amazed how many you'll find.

·
Banned
13,031 Posts
Take the broken needle to walmart and buy a cheapo alarm clock with near the same size hole in the needle. Then either jamb or glue it on. Ta taaa !!

Then give the clock away as a Christmas present to a favorite in-law. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all of the replies guys. The truth be told, while taking the needle off, I broke the bottom part of the needle where it attaches to the pin. I actually superglued it back together and the superglue reacted with the plastic and turned the black part a whitish grey color. I am thinking of taking it back apart and using a black marker to color it back in. Doug and Philscbx, the idea of a new mod with clock or antique guage needles is an awesome idea. Let me know if anyone tries this and how it turns out. I was looking at the needles on my Nissan Titans instrument cluster and I think they would probably work with a little trimming on the length. The pin hole is probably pretty close in size and I think car/truck needles should be readily available at most salvage yards. If anyone is doing the speedo backplate mod, read the instuctions when taking the needle off. They can be extremely fragile!!

Thanks again..
Fliptx

:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts