Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finaly purchased the speedohealer for my 1300s. I have a question? I have heard some of you guys talk about checking your speed with a gps. What do you do? Keep it on and then look at your speedometer or do you drive several miles and check it? Please explain to me*.

* good looking high talented Honda person who does not understand how the GPS works

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
mike149 said:
I have finaly purchased the speedohealer for my 1300s. I have a question? I have heard some of you guys talk about checking your speed with a gps. What do you do? Keep it on and then look at your speedometer or do you drive several miles and check it? Please explain to me*.

* good looking high talented Honda person who does not understand how the GPS works
The GPS will show you how fast you're going (speed) check your speedo against it and see the difference.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
You can also check your mileage by riding down the highway that has the 1/10 mile markers and seeing what your odometer says at the end of a mile. Mine was 1/10 a mile or 10% off. At 1 mile the bike was reading 1.1 miles. Not alot but at 10000 miles you're 1000 miles over your actual mileage.

I haven't put a speedohealer on this bike but I owned one previously. Works great IMHO

M

·
0 Posts
I have the GPS mounted on the bike. I can watch the speed indicated on it just like the speedometer and can easily compare the two. The GPS also indicates distance traveled for comparing the odometer. In my case, both were off by 10% prior to the SpeedoHealer installation.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gps

Thanks mr x that is the info. I was after. I did not know that the gps worked like a speedometer. I thought it just told you how fast you traveled from one location to another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts