Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also the Neutral light is out. And when I first turn the key, the FI light no longer lights up at initial start. Can all this be related to a fuse? Or am I looking at a more serious problem? The High Beam indicator still works, as does the Turn signal indicator.

Just started this morning, it is a 2002 VTXC, about 15k miles....

Any help would be appreciated. Yes I did a search, that is what made me start thinking of a fuse, was able to find one or the other not working but not all those not working and some working at the same time.

TSD

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went and looked under the right side panel and sure enough a blown 10amp fuse..replaced it and.....it blew again???? Am I looking at a short somewhere in the wire now?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had the exact same problem on my 03 C and found it was a short in the wire under the rear fender going to the tail light. Hope this helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to check that out. Do you know if your tailight was still working then? My breaklight is working, can't be sure about the turn signals, will have to check those out.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I had the exact same problem on my 03 C and found it was where the tail lights wire got pinch between the rear fender brace and it was shorting out hope this helps

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I had the exact same symptoms and it was also a blown ten amp fuse on my '03 Retro. One thing of which I want to make you aware is that you might want to check your rear light as that was also out without that fuse. I don't mind missing the other lights for a while but that light is a must.

Lastly, FILL YOUR FUEL TANK! Another light that doesn't work is your low fuel lamp. I learned that when my fuse was blown. :oops: :roll: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts