Honda VTX Forum banner

Does the accuracy of your speedometer matter to you?

• Absolutely! Need to keep accurate track of mileage.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only to keep track of fuel mileage.

• Somewhat. Its nice to know, but I keep track in my head.

• Nope! Don't ever look at it!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
I knew what was said...my statements weren't meant to show intelligence. It was meant as a "wise-a$$" remark.:mrgreen:

With all the technical innovations and know-how and everything else y'all expect from Japan/Honda, they put out a product with crappy speedo that don't read right despite it's "advance electronics" design:lol:

I was only making an example of how intelligence have nothing to do with common sense:thumbup:

Besides, as a rule more "educated" people get, the less "common sense" they retain :thumbup:
nice save. ;)

·
Registered
988 Posts
It suggest that both have an error, just not the same percentage of error.
Yea, this is what REALLY creeps me out.

Why the heck are the percentage errors different between mpg and mph...that makes NO sense to me.

It almost makes you feel like the whole thing is not in any way a precise piece of instrumentation.

you would think the speedo and odo WOULD be!!

·
Registered
988 Posts
I never look at the Speedometer on the 1300R or 1800N while riding.

The speedo it on the tank, and wearing a full faced helmet it is not really in my operating field of view.

I opted to used a GPS unit mounted on the bars between the risers instead.

Looking down at your speedometer can be deadly.
+1

I LOVE my Garmin!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Going on what I read on this site useing -07.5% to -09% should correct the speedometer. I don't have a GPS so I'm giving -07.5% a try in the speedohealer I installed today. My bike is a 2008 VTX 1800f. If you have some experience with this device and maybe a better correction value let me know.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts