Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, (based on our sponsor) we all have HIDDEN stinks that we need to buy a spray for to hide the hidden stink with a not so hidden chemical smell. This product appeals to those of us who are obsessive about odors, which based on advertising is ALL OF US.

As a child I first became aware of how horrible we all smell because Right Guard commercials told me so. As I grew older I learned my breath must reek because I'm not chewing gum and breath mints. When I reached puberty I learned that if I use the right aftershave I'd be soon fighting women off me. Speaking of women, I wasn't aware that women naturally reek 'down there' until the feminine hygiene commercials let me in on the secret. :oops:

As a modern age senior I'm now well learned in all things stinky such that everywhere I go the stenchs I narrowly averted as a child, has been replaced by chemical odor fighters that make me long for the stenches they must be hiding. I recently visited my brothers home for the first time and was greeted by their dog, who when I petted it made me sneeze from the dog odor powder it was blanketed in. As I entered my bro's house I was hit in the face by a cloud of carpet deodorizer and room 'freshener' chemicals that made my allergy sensitive eyes itch, and my breathing actually felt like I had a pillow over my face. I had to step outside within 2 minutes of being in the house just to breath!

My brother's wife likely suffered from some degree of bromidrophobia (fear of smelling bad) but apparently most of our society embraces this fear. At my work the men's urinals have some kind of chemical deodorizer block in them that makes me what to hold my breath the whole time I'm pissing, and then there's the wall mounted automated bathroom sprayer that sprays every 30 minutes (24 times a day). The bathrooms now no longer have the occasional smell of pee or poop, and instead have a constant haze of overpowering, toxic, simulated freshness. ?

Make no mistake—I love cleanliness, however what I've finally wised up to— in spite of what advertisers tell me— is that I don't need to be afraid of 'hidden' smells someone is going to judge me harshly for. :rolleyes:

Oh, and "What's in my wallet" (Capital One) ? ? NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS! :mad:

·
Registered
7,567 Posts
Not sure what ad you are talking about. Love my Adblock Pro.

I remember long ago my grandfather telling us story from one of his poker nights with his buds. His friend Claude, from France had declared, "I am moving back to France where pussy tastes like pussy, not like soap".

Sorry for the crudeness.

·
Registered
9,558 Posts
I truly like my ad-blockers

natural smells and odors..
chemical substitutes .
natural may be a bit better. for me.

shower regular... and live with it.

Oh, and "What's in my wallet" (Capital One) ? ? NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!
I agree.. I am NOT Telling...

·
Premium Member
6,216 Posts
Not sure what ad you are talking about. Love my Adblock Pro.

I remember long ago my grandfather telling us story from one of his poker nights with his buds. His friend Claude, from France had declared, "I am moving back to France where pussy tastes like pussy, not like soap".

Sorry for the crudeness.
Some of those french ladies are rank enough it wouldn't even be a consideration for this guy ... but if that's what you like .... no judgement here ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts