Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The plot thickens.

I have original tagged lines from spiegler now that are incorrect. Lines 6 and 8 are supposed to have angled fittings on both ends. The 6 and 8 I have have an angled fitting and a male fitting and are three inches too long. The only way that this could happen would be if DLP took the parts and separated them and put the tags back on incorrectly since they have the original spieger tag on each line. It looks like SPiegler somehow put three line two's in the package. and skipped line 6 - 8 somehow.

Spiegler is finally starting to notice - now that I have proof of their complicity they are taking this much more serious. I am sure I will end up having to send most of the lines backed to be trimmed though. I am sure I will still have to pay as well - they are already blaming each other for the mix up.

BTW, Spiegler also admitted that the packaging was original and unaltered from the photos which they also had. Their argument for the missing manifolds was that DLP forgot to include them. I might buy that. I certainly am suspicious of DLP at this point too.

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think this is finally fixed.

I spoke with a guy who worked on their dealer channel. He was very accommodating. He explained the way it worked and that DLP bore the primary responsibility (which I agree with). But he also said their were plenty of strange things about the stuff I got.

Bottom line they did take care of the problem in a way that both pleased me and made the situation better. It makes me feel a lot better about the company as a whole. I probably just got a grumpy CSR when I called in the first time.

The only bad news is it will be next weekend at the earliest before I can get my bike back on the road.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts