Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

These are the 6 that I have made so far. I put a halfway decent polish on them, but they aren't perfect. Once you install and jb weld your key blank in them is the time to polish them. It's harder than heck to grip these things when they are like this. I de-burred them. Not one is identical. I can make different heights by adjusting the angle of the cut on the lathe.

I talked this over with the Big B-Man (Biddy) and we think $12.50 is the right price for these. $10 from each knob will goto Pony. I plan on making a handful of these but, I will continue to make these if you guys keep buying them. Pony will continue to benefit from these knobs.

So please post in here if you want one or more. I'll be more than happy to make more if I have to. Whatever it takes!

-Mike

For those of you that don't know what happend, check out the Pony Down thread in the 1300 section. Just because we are CRAP members and cheap and thrifty peoples, doesn't mean we aren't generous when it counts.

There are other people helping out as well to raise some money for him.

http://crapmods.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=22

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
PM sent.
Nice plan, Mike and Biddy.
Thoughts and prayers going up for Mr. & Mrs. Pony ... hope he's back up and about quick.

Ed

·
Registered
105 Posts
i'll take one as well. just let me know where to send the money.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sent pm's to everyone that wanted one. I'm thrilled that I already have to make more of these. Make sure and send a note along with the money telling me if you prefer a certain size of key knob.

Thank you guys,
Mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
i'll take one, about 1 inch long if you got them, if not, i'll take what you got

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Holy cow guys. It might take me a little while to get these made up. I'm doing it when I have free time.

Also I was using 1" round aluminum but I ran out of that. So now I'm making them out of 7/8" round aluminum. There won't be any fitment issues b/c of the change. I might be only able to make a total of 20 to 25 of these and sor far 18 are spoken for but I haven't checked the CRAP website since I got home from work. Its possible for me to make more but its going to take some time.

I'm thinking I'm going to make a bunch of the same size b/c it takes too long to be switching the angles on the lathe when I have very little time to use it. I will try to accomodate the people that already specified a sized one but I only have so much material and the bigger ones are basically the amount of 2 little ones. And how many I need to make well I will have to get as many as I can with the material I have.

I'm sending pm's to people as soon as I can.

Yes I do accept paypal, but you need to add 4% to the total for the paypal fees.

Thanks for everyones support in helping out a fellow rider.

-Mike

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

There's some more pics of the small and bigger one. I'm all out of the larger ones so I can't take anymore orders from those.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mike- I sent you a PM as well- I'll definitely take one if you still have some material- looks great!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts