Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a one hour putt-putt 'round town and had to share my experiences with my fellow Wisconsinites. I was amused to see one sportbike rider cruising around downtown with no eye protection on whatsoever. Maybe thirty minutes later, I saw two sport bikers riding around in full gear, including helmets, except their faceshields were as black as night. All I could do was chuckle. I mean, what gives? Damn bozos...

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
They are a bit different arnt they. My friend rides a sport bike, and I have asked him on many rides, but he always says no. You got to remember they think we are strang for all the chrome, and big shileds, and most of the ones I know think we are nuts for not wereing more protective gear. I will say that anyone that dont at least were eye protection is just counting down there day.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
You know what this is don't ya? We're getting old!! Remember the good 'ol days when you wanted to be "different"? Stand out, be cool, attract the chicks, etc. Thats all it is. Heck, just look at us.....we have our "uniform", its chaps, black shirts, leather. We're the same as they, just older!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Amen, to that brother!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may be old, but I can still remember the one time I didn't have eye protection on, I got a $100 ticket (and two points). I also remember the one time I got stopped with a tinted shield on my helmet and got a $100 ticket. Maybe it's just sour grapes on my part...

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
As a former sportbike rider myself, let me see if I can explain this. Most knowledgable sportbike riders wear full gear. They know there is a chance to go down at any moment, much like us. The SQUIDS wear hardly any gear at all. Those bozos are asking for trouble right from the time they decide not to wear gear and ride. If they think its cool not to wear gear. They are dead wrong. No chick wants to take care of a rashed up idiot. The people that wear gear are the smart ones. As far as dark shields on helmets go. I wear a dark shield on mine unless its going to be dark soon. Dark shields are great. They don't make your eyes tired from the sun. Sorry if it sounds like I'm ranting about gear. I think its important.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I used to be one of those bozos that rode in a swimsuit (and a helmet, the law). Nothing bad happened.

Later, wearing full gear and huge antique goggles, got hit in the forehead by a bee and got stung real good. Go figure!

When its your number, you're getting it! Hopefully, it'll only be a scratch or two.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know EXACTLY the type of riders you speak of. Their riding gear consists of shorts, tank top, flip flops and the obligatory baseball cap turned backwards. :roll: A road rash just waiting to happen, IMO.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I must've forgotten to mention the fact that it was dark out, huh? I did post that at almost 9 o'clock that night. No, normally I wouldn't call a guy a bozo for wearing a dark shield, but it was dark out when I saw them wearing their dark shields. The guy without any eye protection at all is a bozo whether it was nine at night or 9 in the morning. Not only is not wearing any kind of eye protection stupid, it's illegal! For not mentioning the fact that it was dark out when I went for my putt-putt, I guess I'm the ultimate bozo, huh? Just call me Bozo Supremo!

:oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Okay......Bozo Supremo! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts