Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Dan,
I wouldn't post dates to vote on................You made the call with the 16-17th of May.....just leave it at that. There is plenty of time for peeps to adjust schedules if they really want to go. And there should be NO STRESS involved for you. If somebody doesn't like the date, then don't go, seems pretty simple to me.

Dru and I have it marked down and we will know for certain as the time nears. We always have a good time in the Dells with all of you Hooligans!!

Sam

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
VTXFlyer said:
Dan,
I wouldn't post dates to vote on................You made the call with the 16-17th of May.....just leave it at that. There is plenty of time for peeps to adjust schedules if they really want to go. And there should be NO STRESS involved for you. If somebody doesn't like the date, then don't go, seems pretty simple to me.
+1

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
VTXFlyer said:
Dan,

Dru and I have it marked down and we will know for certain as the time nears. We always have a good time in the Dells with all of you Hooligans!!

Sam

That is the date for the May ride, but any other Dells rides I will put up a vote. This was just planned, and turned into the spring ride by accident, so it is what it is. I really hope everyone makes it, and makes it a good time. Jamie is getting really excited about getting her bike, and doing the ride on it.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Let's cut to the chase, the 'May' ride IS the 'Dells' ride. The fact that it is two weeks after the 'normal' Dells ride is inmaterial. Call these dates what they are.................The Dells Spring ride................and as always, everyone is invited, all of your friends that have already committed, and your family, VTX'ers, HD riders, sport bikers........................whatever............we have always had a great mix of people attending this ride.........................

I vote we "Officially" name the 'May' ride, the 'Dells Spring Ride'.......

Now, enough of me babbling.................................

Sam

·
Registered
241 Posts
I agree 100 % with Sam and Dru. If you want to do a ride, just pick a weekend and do it. If people can make it great, if not, oh well. It's great you're having a ride and inviting everyone. That should be it. It's your ride, and if you want it a certain date, then so be it. If people can't make it or don't like it, they are more than welcome to do their own. Anytime you do polls and try to get everyone's input, it becomes exponentially more complicated. Alot of times things turn out better or more fun when things aren't all pre-planned. I'm thinking of the Holy Hill ride Adam put together. I told riders in my area to be at a gas station at a certain time and 12 bikes showed up. 2 guys were on crotch rockets from Illinois on their way to Jackson and were just stopping there for a break and I started talking to them and they decided our ride was more fun than what they had planned so they joined us for most of it. We also decided at a stop we were going to go to a place and have some sandwiches and we had a great time.. So, you just never know..
As you all know, I'm helping Lance with the Midwest Motorcycle Rally and we've decided to keep it as simple as possible. We're putting together some rides, having a few organized meals and such, but we want to leave alot of time open for you to do other things if you wish. Also, we will compile a list of Motels and such, but you're going to have to make your own reservations. That info is coming shortly.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Dells Ride

I have that week-end marked off to go!

NOW.....what about a "winter" meet+greet type party?
Suggestions?
Anywhere BUT the Brat-Stop. I STILL remember last year.....Ruptured my
right quad tendon.

Ken

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Flying Sperm! LOL.

How's that Quad Ken? Miss ya big guy.

At any rate, the weather should be even better a couple weeks later in May. I intend to make it. last year Jen was miserable due to allergies at that time of the year. let's hope it goes better this time. Also, no strong winds would be nice. that was a tough first big bike ride for her. Then the Lake Michigan ride got cold and nasty most of the way. Gotta love May around here cause ya just never know what yer gonna get!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Took the X out for a ride for the first time since before my accident back on October 10th. Had the Wing out last weekend, are we sure this is January? It feels more like December.......... :lol:

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Chicago-Spike said:
This will be good!! I will be home a few days from a long weekend in Tampa at a friends home. Then off to the Dells to recharge :lol:

We will have a few things there for some people here to celabrate.

We have one girl comming with for her 21st birthday.

one woman comming to celabrate her devorce that ends one the Monday before we go there.

Rich, and pegster celabrating the engagment.

My wife will be celebrating being out of school, her last day is the thursday before we go, she will also be on her own bike, and the first one she ever had. New 2008 Aero 750, its on its way now.

So I will not be drinking much at all, since I think I will need to watch out for the crazy ladys on this ride. LOL

Just to let the younger guys know, there will be two 21yr old young ladys with us on this trip, they are single, and both alot of fun, nice girls, they both want to ride on that Saturday, but have no bikes, now we have rides for them, I am taking one, and anouther married guy is taking the other, but I would think they would have more fun riding with a single guy :twisted: LOL

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Thanks for the update Reaper!

Don't forget, Pegster and I will also be celebrating our engagement and hopefully she will also be on her Virago. :D :D :D

·
Registered
554 Posts
112 days to go

Going to have put in my vacation now!

Reaper said:
Just to let the younger guys know, there will be two 21yr old young ladys with us on this trip, they are single, and both alot of fun, nice girls, they both want to ride on that Saturday, but have no bikes, now we have rides for them, I am taking one, and anouther married guy is taking the other, but I would think they would have more fun riding with a single guy :twisted: LOL
Being the helping guy that I am, I am sure we could arrange for something like that to happen :wink:

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Travelin' Man said:
Thanks for the update Reaper!

Don't forget, Pegster and I will also be celebrating our engagement and hopefully she will also be on her Virago. :D :D :D

I see you to on my list :lol: Now, LOL

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Firemanirfd said:
112 days to go

Going to have put in my vacation now!

Reaper said:
Being the helping guy that I am, I am sure we could arrange for something like that to happen :wink:

I thought a few of you would be willing to help with this little problem, LMAO

21 - 40 of 129 Posts