Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
63,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm inviting people over to use my garage, home, tools to do any work, or just stop by to watch, talk, have food and fun. I think we had picked April 26th and 27th as the weekend. As before, it is on for Saturday unless it is pooring rain, then we go on Sunday. Starts at 10am, breakfast at Lume's in Batavia beforehand. Oil changes will be $50(AMSOIL has raised their prices again, so I had to bump this up a bit ) with 4qts AMSOIL MCF and a EaOM103 filter, I'll do the work.
Donations for the food and drink will be accepted, just drop what you want into the box marked "TIPS"
If you want an oil change, let me know in this thread so I have enough supplies on hand. If you are riding a bike other than a Honda or have someone that is coming with you and they want an oil change, I need the make, model and year so I can have that filter here(or they can bring their own filter )

Oil Changes with AMSOIL MCF 10-40 and EaOM103 filter $50;
Riley
James O'Sullivan, maybe
rbx
Condolini = bringing supplies
Stagecombat
onlyvtx oil change and lightbar and exhaust
AlRod
COVTX
coontail
Chucko200
PeterHonda02
HeavyMetalMan

Observers, or other work;
VAN HALEN
Brycesdad = fork springs
Reaper = fork springs
monty26
T-2
onlyvtx = lightbar
mark_1bx
Johnzz1420
LetsRide
jond = horn, bags, lights
Git 'R Done = who knows how much, Coolant
Smoken'JOE
jman53718
DRFLGD
Sportfire 440 = fork springs
Firemanirfd = fork springs
KirkMFG
manleyF2 = springs
Jeffs13c
Intruderrider
balou44
HotBarrel = custom earplugs made $75 a set
VTXVehslage = Desmog
Peter D = Coolant and fork springs
aardvark
DarkVTX = springs
NFCDAKOTA
Sportfire 440 = springs

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I'm in!

I have all the stuff I need for an oil change on the GS, can I do it there if I don't use Amsoil?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sign me up please...

Spike,

Thanks for the invite...1st timer..

I would like some assistance from some members on changing out the fork springs and possibly the fork seals...I can wrench on a few things, but this is one job that is out of my league...

Spike, please order me or if you have on hand some AMSOIL Fork Spring oil if we change that out, it would make sense to change out the old fluid. I believe the 10# is the way to go on some posts I have seen.

I'd be more than happy to provide some financial assistance to those who help...

I will be hooking up with the WI guys in Johnson Creek on the way down..

Thanks again,

Mark, Madison, WI

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Re: Sign me up please...

Sportfire 440 said:
Spike,

Thanks for the invite...1st timer..

I would like some assistance from some members on changing out the fork springs and possibly the fork seals...I can wrench on a few things, but this is one job that is out of my league...

Spike, please order me or if you have on hand some AMSOIL Fork Spring oil if we change that out, it would make sense to change out the old fluid. I believe the 10# is the way to go on some posts I have seen.

I'd be more than happy to provide some financial assistance to those who help...

I will be hooking up with the WI guys in Johnson Creek on the way down..

Thanks again,

Mark, Madison, WI
Unless you want to change the fork oil, it's not unnecessary when changing the springs.

Are the seals leaking? If they are try the film strip trick first. Otherwise changing seals is a bigger job.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Aw man, I need to do a valve adjustment, I guess Spike will have to put me up the night before so my engine is cold :lol: :wink:

I will probebly do one again this summer/fall. I can do my own v-a now so I dont need assistance that way, but I have some tools laying around if anyone needs to do anything else.

·
Super Moderator
63,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A few things I forgot to add;
For those that do not know, I live in a "Young" neighborhood. Meaning there will be lot's of little kids around, some of them will stop by with their parents to view the gathering of bikes. So take it easy coming and going in the neighborhood please.
Also, no burn-outs here please. I get along with all my neighbors and they have no problems with this event, let's keep it that way. 8)

Food will be usual cook-out fare. Hamburgers, Italian sausages, pop and water, etc....

1 - 20 of 100 Posts