Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'll meet up with y'all. Coming out of Menomonee Falls (north west of Milwaukee).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Spike,

Count me out for the fork spring change...

My seat is still at MeanCity Cycles....Austin had a bunch of seats come in during February....he is a little bit behind you could say...I was advised mine wont be available till about the first week in May...

I told him to take as long as he needed...do it right the first time.

Thanks for all the good advice as always..

Mark, Madison, WI

·
Registered
725 Posts
Which way are you all headed to Spikes? Mapquest shows I43 to Delavan then south from there. sound about right?

Rick

Mapquest says 2 hours 51 Minutes and 134Miles from here. Hope the weather is good.

·
Super Moderator
63,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Just so everyone is clear, the event IS Saturday if the weather is good. IF the weather sounds like it is going to rain on Saturday, the event will be postponed until Sunday. If it supposed to rain both days, it will be Saturday. I will decide on Thursday or Friday on that so keep watch when the date gets closer!

Thanks 8)

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Harbinger, Taffer, we gonna meet at Culver's or something and then fly out to the Pine Cone to meet up with the Great Condolini and her posse? Time? 8 am or something? Earlier? Man I hope it doesn't rain (hard).

Nora, when do you expect to be at the Pine Cone?

Reaper, Joe and gang from Racine - meet up with us in Elkhorn on the way down at Hardees where we got Spike last year for the Dells?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Re:

Heavymetalman said:
Harbinger, Taffer, we gonna meet at Culver's or something and then fly out to the Pine Cone to meet up with the Great Condolini and her posse? Time? 8 am or something? Earlier? Man I hope it doesn't rain (hard).

Nora, when do you expect to be at the Pine Cone?

Reaper, Joe and gang from Racine - meet up with us in Elkhorn on the way down at Hardees where we got Spike last year for the Dells?

Sounds good...let me know what you decide. I'll be there. Culvers is easy for me...right on the way, but another place is fine also. Woah, I'm finally going to meet Condo....I'M NOT WORTHY!!!

·
Super Moderator
63,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Looks like Saturday is going to be rain free as of now. So, unless it changes drastically, it's on for Saturday morning 10am, I may ride over to Lumes for breakfast so I won't be there before 10am. If the garage door is closed and my bike isn't on my front sidewalk, I'm not home yet! :wink:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
HMM,
I can be at the Pine Cone anytime. Did we meet at 8 or 9 last year? Somebody pick a time, I don't know how long it takes you to get there from your area.

Can't wait, my first get together with youse guys this year! :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
63,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
OK, last warning!!!!!
I have about 40 people on the list, we will be catering the event this year so I or my wife won't have to run the grill and watch my son at the same time. So if you know of anyone else planning on coming, get me a number so I can get enough food, please. Once it's gone, it's gone. :wink:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
If the session is scheduled to start at 10 am, we will need a good two hours to get there from the Pine Cone at least. I didn't make it last year but it should take a solid two hours plus to get there. Its over 100 miles. Chime in if anyone says different please. Soooo, that means Harbinger and Taffer need to meet me at Culver's at like 7 am. Then, its a good 45 minutes to the Pine Cone so make it 8 am. If the Condolini Motorheads from Madison can be there ready to go at 8 am, we can depart and meet Rob and whomever he can get together from the Racine area riders, we should be in Elkhorn by 9 am-ish. Then off for the final leg of the journey to Spikes. We will be riding while he gets to eat Pancakes. :chef3: But, we will show up hungry for the big feast he has planned. :chef2: So, is this a doable plan? Any conflicts? Issues? Road closures? Everyone check in so we can make it happen. We would obviously prefer not to wait all day for stragglers that fail to get out of bed, etc....I'm really looking forward to getting these mods taken care of.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I'll be at the Cone at 7 so I can have breakfast and coffee! :p

8:00 it is! See you Saturday morning.

·
Registered
725 Posts
What time will this event be ending, Bryce placed 3rd in his Cub Scout pinewood derby and is moved on to the district race.this will probably last until noon or so. I really want to come to this. if I show up at 3-3:30, is this too late? or when is too late to participate? I wouldn't mind riding down and a short visit and ride back with some of you.

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Uhm....are you talking culvers on 124th just south of capitol (on feerick?)....as in the one where we have TWT? That's about 10 min from my house, so I have NO problem meeting there at 7am. Also, I'm just curious where the pine cone is? and what is it? I might mount my GPS on the bike for this and I'll probably program in all this stuff just to play with it.

·
Super Moderator
63,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
If I remember right, 3pm is usually the time it wraps itself up. But as for when everyone leaves, it is up to them as individuals. Some leave right after getting work done, some leave after a few minutes of visiting, some stay the day. It's all up to them :wink:

41 - 60 of 100 Posts