1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
yup

·
Registered
675 Posts
Do the screw holes match up with the filter cover? Are you trying to replace an existing one or cut out your own? One benefit for going with Spyker is that he offers a lot of different designs.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Spyker's got design and color options that are purty durn impressive.

Wren

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Is this simply a hole cut out of the side of the air box and installing a 80mm computer fan grill cover over the hole?

Something like this? http://www.directron.com/80girl.html?gsear=1
Yup.

And the correct size rubber grommets, stainless steel hardware, locking nuts, and neoprene hole trim, with an anodized Steel Mesh filter behind it, and a lexan block off plate if you don't want ot screw with the airflow settings.

I just wrap it all up into one. And do custom grills and powder coating of them too. Oh, and lighting inside the box.

Yup.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Spyker...I am trying to find where I can view all of the grills you have to offer to make my pic...I am gonna send my cover and have you do the mod. I just have to pick the grill and get it sent to you...

let me know

Willy

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yup.

And the correct size rubber grommets, stainless steel hardware, locking nuts, and neoprene hole trim, with an anodized Steel Mesh filter behind it, and a lexan block off plate if you don't want ot screw with the airflow settings.

I just wrap it all up into one. And do custom grills and powder coating of them too. Oh, and lighting inside the box.

Yup.
I must have missed the part about the lexan when I ordered mine. :cry:
I'd have gone that route.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I didn't order the block off plate, just the colored screen so my cover sucks more air which means adjusting the mixture screw more to compensate.
Not a big deal, but I'd have gone with the block off plate.
Sorry, let me know if I can help you out. Cool thing is that it's not permenant so if you do put it in and decide you want more air later, it can come out.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Spyker...I am looking at the "blade" grill...does that come polished or chrome?

Willy
None of the grills are actually chrome. The blade is stamped steel, polished to a high shine. I looked into getting my own grills chromed and it would add about $15 onto the price of each one if I could do about 30-40 at a time. Survey says: "X". ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just ordered mine - awesome value compared to some of the more expensive replacements on the market.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Love my Spyker mod, highly recommended. A little good black paint and the oven I made it my own. Not much from what Spyker can do for you, but I have had it for a year and just switched out emblems, decided to do a little of my own customization. Paint I can do, I would never have done the cutting myself, not on the air box cover anyways.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Spyker done did mine...what...2 years ago?? Got the bright shiny X and it still looks great! I added my own after I installed it, looks KILLER at night!:thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts