Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok riders I am new to bikes this is my first bike its a 1300r 2007 got it new have 2600 mile on it now its making a skeeking sound when slowing down in second and when I am truning i hear it and coming to a slow stop wha could it be sitting still rev it up sitting still and do not hear it some time here it with bike off and rocking it the sound sounds like a belt loose are a pully bearing its not loud.

·
Registered
640 Posts
you didn't say if from front or rear. if from rear, probably shocks or the bushing. if from front, probably forks. there is a rubber seal between the forks and fork covers that could be making the skeeking sound as you say.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its from the front

·
Registered
640 Posts
holding the front brakes, can you push down on it and make it squeak? or only when you turn the handle bars?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it from the front break was just sitting on it and pulling the break and heard a slit sqeek from it I plan to blow it out with the air compressor and check it out thanks

·
Registered
570 Posts
The brakes are prone to a certain amount of squealing if too much dirt gets in there. Give the clean out a try. There is also a "cricket" noise from the front when moving and you squeeze the from brake. That noise is normal.
Lee

·
Registered
640 Posts
good deal! hope that solves it for ya.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi

When I first bought my retro there was no sound from the front brakes, first 1000 km service the noise was there.

Still there, it comes when the front brakes are applied. I have spoken to lots of people in the “know” and they assure me its normal. Bloody frustrating but normal.

Hope that helps

Mel

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
like to think you all and hope we all have a safe new year

1 - 9 of 9 Posts