Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bad squeak on the rear from the first day I bought my bike. I asked on the board and everyone told me it was normal. Then I was reassembling my bike the other day and noticed that one of the rear pads was worn funny on one end. When I looked closer I found that the thin backing plate maybe 1/16th of an inch thick had a small spot on the edge where it was folded over actually doubling itself in thickness at that point. That wee lil spot maybe the size of a cardboard match head was enough to keep the pad always dragging and squealing. So its just a thought... if your noise is that bad.. take a good look at your pads.

I had already ordered Carbone Lorraine SBK3's as replacements hoping to ease the squeaking when I discovered the problem. I went ahead and put the new ones on so I'm hoping for no more squeal and better performance too. :)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Stumpy said:
I had a bad squeak on the rear from the first day I bought my bike. I asked on the board and everyone told me it was normal. Then I was reassembling my bike the other day and noticed that one of the rear pads was worn funny on one end. When I looked closer I found that the thin backing plate maybe 1/16th of an inch thick had a small spot on the edge where it was folded over actually doubling itself in thickness at that point. That wee lil spot maybe the size of a cardboard match head was enough to keep the pad always dragging and squealing. So its just a thought... if your noise is that bad.. take a good look at your pads.

I had already ordered Carbone Lorraine SBK3's as replacements hoping to ease the squeaking when I discovered the problem. I went ahead and put the new ones on so I'm hoping for no more squeal and better performance too. :)
Good find Stumpy!
Squeeks and squeels are not a normal sound and should be looked at.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts