Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in a while I'll hit my starter switch and it won't work. I took it apart and the contacts(stationary) had a very, very slight amount of fouling. The sliding contacts were lightly tarnished, I polished both sets of contacts and reassembled. The intermittent failure still occurs. The magnetic switch in the battery compartment would be my next item to scrutinize. I don't know (hav'nt looked yet) if the service manual provides a ohm specification for the coil in that switch, or, the coil could be normal and the contacts (starter amperage) could be bad. The bike is a C model, '02, with 30,000 miles. No added electrical accesorys. All battery and mag switch connections clean and tight. I don't see why any 12v starter mag switch could'nt be used? Any one else that did'nt fry their switch by using added lights improperly have this problem? Anybody else have to replace their mag switch? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.