Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I fueled the bike up for a ride. When I went to start it, it started but something did not sound right so I shut it off. I tried to restart it but it wouldn't start and the starter would not shut off. I turned the key off and hit the kill switch and still the starter kept turning over. I was in the process of removing the seat to disconnect the battery when the battery finally gave up. First time I've ever trailered my bike, I wasn't happy. I brought it home and threw the battery tender on it and left for the day. Came home later and it fired right up like nothing ever happened. Any ideas what happened or what to look for?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Your problem was probably caused by low battery voltage causing the contact points in the starter relay switch to stick together not letting the starter to disengage......check tightnes of battery terminal cables...use a wrench..not a screwdriver.....if it happens again pull left ( as you sit on bike)side cover and strike relay with something and relay should release......common problem...if it contiues have battery tested.................good luck...ESKIMO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts