Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 1300c that I am one owner and have put 65,229 miles so far. All is still factory. The factory seat has been redone. The only mechanical work done on the bike was a fork leak fixed and normal maintenance. When I start it now it slow to catch with the starter but when it does it starts with no problem. I was wondering is that a sign that my starter is about to fail. Don't want to be out riding and when stopping for food or gas it fails to start. Should I be safe and not sorry and have the starter replaced ?

·
Senior Pirate
7,775 Posts
What do you mean by “slow to catch”? Do you have to push the starter button numerous times before it engages? I’m not familiar with the 1300, but I had 2 starting issues with my 1800. One was a dirty starter switch at the handlebar, easily resolved by cleaning it. The other was a bad starter relay, easily resolved by replacing it. I think either one of those would be suspect before a bad starter.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have to push the starter button numerous times before it engages? Not numerous but more than once. Try cleaning it first. Do you take it apart to clean it or just spray into it with a cleaner ?

·
Registered
13,183 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts