Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Careful when cleaning that switch. Lots of tiny springs, balls, and pieces that can go missing [ask me how I know].

If you have need I have most of 'em on hand.

·
Registered
14,238 Posts

The problem is the 5 amps current of the headlight using a common slider(Shunt) creates heat
and at some time things things begin to go open.
Sometimes trimming of the plastic shunt carrier is required.

·
Registered
2002 Honda VTX 1800 C
202 Posts
I’m pretty sure it’s the same starter switch as a Valkyrie (I had one) so here’s the procedure from their forum how to service that switch
Well I just saw that the links are not working, so you don’t get to see the pictures. I’m not very savvy with the Internet, it might be because I snagged the page away from their forum. If you want to pursue it go to Valkyrie forum, and it’s in their shoptalk pages. if you’re on their forum and go into shoptalk from their homepage, (valkyrieriders.com) all the links should still work.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Start button went out and the throttle cables are to tight to take off of the handle so I can't get the switch off. What do I do.
It seems like you're getting good help here. The starter switch is a common problem, it is good that you're cleaning it. It won't hurt.
Btw, howdy from Texas and welcome to the club!
When you get a chance, feel free to introduce your bike and/or yourself in the New Member forum.
And don't forget pictures! We are suckers for pictures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts