Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning when I went to start my X, I press the start button and nothing happens. Yes, I put the kickstand up and turned the cutoff switch to "run". I tried it with the clutch in and in neutral. Checked the battery terminals last week when I took it apart to wash and wax. I noticed the headlight was not on, but the turn signals, brake light, console lights, and horn all work fine. I checked the fuses and took apart the starter cover assembly and hit the switches with some contact cleaner. Where do I go from here? :?:

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
urhere2 said:
So this morning when I went to start my X, I press the start button and nothing happens. Yes, I put the kickstand up and turned the cutoff switch to "run". I tried it with the clutch in and in neutral. Checked the battery terminals last week when I took it apart to wash and wax. I noticed the headlight was not on, but the turn signals, brake light, console lights, and horn all work fine. I checked the fuses and took apart the starter cover assembly and hit the switches with some contact cleaner. Where do I go from here? :?:
Check the main 30 amp fuse behind the right side cover. It shows the location in the owners manual on page 164.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Here is the main fuse. Squeeze the prongs in on the red cover and the top will lift off:

It could also be your starter switch. Are you running a higher wattage headlamp or have you put a higher load on the headlight circuit?

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Your the man Pöi§ön with all your pic's... :lol:

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
silvervtx04s said:
Your the man Pöi§ön with all your pic's... :lol:
Heh...heh...
Silver..man, you would not believe how long it took me to find that fuse :oops:
Figured I had better take a picture before I forgot :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the pic. I'll give it a shot. I'm running the stock light and have put nothing on the bike at all. If this doesn't work I'll just call the dealer and have them work on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts