Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure which way too look. Last week crossing a parking my bike killed. Won’t turn over, everything else works. . Put the stand down and picked it up and it started. Need to watch the stand switch. Today, got on and wouldn’t turn over. Stand made no difference. Put in first then back in neutral and it fired up. Any other time it works perfect. It’s an 02 C if that helps.

·
Registered
14,064 Posts
Did you hit a speed bump in the parking lot ? May have damaged the KS switch. Start in Neutral but when to go in gear does engine die? KS up provides a Ground to ECM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you hit a speed bump in the parking lot ? May have damaged the KS switch. Start in Neutral but when to go in gear does engine die? KS up provides a Ground to ECM.
No bumps, going across flat parking lot maybe 30feet and it killed. A week later was parked, and wouldn’t turn over. Starts perfect every other time. One time manipulate the kickstand the next time it was the shifter.

·
Registered
14,064 Posts
Check a 2 pin connector that goes from the positive battery to the 30 amp fuses. The connector is near the starter relay.. check battery connections. With tranny in Neutral --You can always bridge the two cables big cables on the starter relay. Starter switch intermittent? Clean & lube.. A thread in How-to Step by step board.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem with the neutral light, even when it wouldn’t start the neutral light was on. Clutch made no difference, only the two moves mentioned, and they were separate.
Trying to get ahead of it before I find out what it is in BFE. 🤬

·
Registered
972 Posts

·
Registered
12,094 Posts
All good suggestions so far from the experts here. I might add, as an '02, have you done the "Grounds Fix"? Has the battery terminals been cleaned and tightened with a wrench or socket, not a screwdriver? Do the easy stuff first, eliminating one at a time.

Reactions: DrDolittle and JAT

·
Registered
12,094 Posts
I wonder if that carried over to the '03 as well? I'd never heard of this, but am interested.

·
Super Moderator
64,656 Posts
There was a factory recall on the kick stand switch check with your local dealer they may have the notice I know that it affected the 02 1800C
That recall was NOT on the switch but rather the sidestand bolt to be replaced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts