Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
Ohio state routes, I will comment on my trip to Homecoming in 2005.
Brother in law rode up from New Orleans to my location.
We then went through Dragon's Tail to Maryville, TN and stopped due to a horrendous thunder storm.
Zipped through Knoxville, highway construction on I-71.
Made it to Columbus, then went in search of the staging area in Marysville, OH
Saw a Goodyear blimp tethered on the ground, stopped to take pix.
A Marysville cop car stopped. He asked if we were okay. Terry is his name, great guy. Spoke to him at Homecoming!
We left early to go to Ottawa to visit one of bro n law's Navy friends.
Somewhere on US33 near Bellefontaine we had a great view of the valley or lowland. Amazing view from the plateau!
From Lima to Ottawa it was difficult to see around turns since the corn fields were a few feet from the road.
Many good memories of that first long ride and Homecoming. Ottawa to Atlanta 622 VTX miles, about 12 hours.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
it is not easy to photograph curvy roads..

Road by , on Flickr

Sign Two by , on Flickr

YES, the trucker was checking his maps..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice to hear from you boys,

Thanks for posting/sharing your routes & rides. In the last 40+ years of riding up and down the roads of Ohio, I am still amazed to find new routes that I have not ridden on. Ohio has so many old state route and such wonderful senery to see.

please share your favorite routes or rides for all of us.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
not the best roads... but want to see an "almost ghost town" ..Mingo Junction, Ohio
some good roads just down the road from there.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not the best roads... but want to see an "almost ghost town" ..Mingo Junction, Ohio
some good roads just down the road from there.
I have ridden down by Mingo Junction just south of Steubenville, ya, nice roads in the middle of nowhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts