Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, let me start this by saying I personally like BADX!

I had my seat modded last fall by BADX. If you want to stay away from this trouble maker see the link below. I could not believe how much difference the Riders Choice made. I used to ride 100 miles and I would have to get off the bike and walk off the butt burn and leg cramps. Then I had the seat modded.

Now, I take off and ride until I hit the reserve. Then I fill up and ride until I hit the reserve. This just happens over and over and over again.

That is where the problem with BADX started.

My wife tells me if I ever stay home long enough she is going to leave me. I am burning gasoline like I never did. That may cause me a bankruptcy! And I now own stock in Dunlop. (Which is not making me any $$$).

Oh, I saved a bunch of money with the seat mod but nothing is free and now I am PAYING the price.

Oh! And one last thing! I wanted the memory foam mod and he talked me out of that to save me money. Now I want to send my spare seat to him to get the memory foam mod done and it has been loaned about twenty people down the chain and several hundred miles away from me. Go figure!

See what I mean?

He is just a trouble maker. :D

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
OK, you got me! :wink:

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
me too... I thought someone finally had something bad to say about his work...

beings as I will be shipping my seat to him in the next week or two this woulda come just in time. Thanks a lot. Now I am even more antsy!

·
Registered
995 Posts
I thought I was going to have to whoop your butt! Hahaha

Best money ever spent on a motorcycle!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about Bad x

What does that comercial say

"A free puppy isn't free" !!!!

I tried that "such good gas millage compared to the truck" i spent 10 $ a day riding the bike !!!!!! plus food and Beer !!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Yes, he's horrible...all of you with boxes in front of mine at BadX's shop should cancel your order now ;)

·
Registered
485 Posts
20k miles later and it is still the best MOD to the bike :lol:

·
Registered
695 Posts
And

And where do I find this seat mod thinggy :shock:

Steve

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
The first seat I had him mod.... got it back...... looked the same. I'm thinking I got "took". Oh well, maybe just a cheap lesson.

Got it on the bike and went for a ride and it didn't really feel any different.

At this point I'm a little bummed out but what the heck, at least it isn't any worse.

Next day I end up running 350+ miles. MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

I played hookey from work on the next day (Monday) and did 400+ miles. Even thought about taking off on Tuesday but it was raining cats & dogs. Oh well, might as well go to work. :roll:

The seat mod was cheap enough, but it's costing me $$$ in fuel and "road food".

BadX's seat mods are EVIL!!! :wink:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Original post got me too.........and I just got my PM from BadX that my seat is shipping today. I was getting a little worried. Now I can't wait, and I'm glad FedEx should be delivering mine in a day or two. :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was about to bring out the pop corn... I've only had my VTX for a month but im seriously looking into the mod. I just don't want to be with out a seat for 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
it's killing me right now not having the seat....but luckily that nail in the rear tire makes it easier to not hop on the X w/ a towel for a seat :(

good thing I've got a Metz from the 4th sale

·
Registered
70 Posts
jss52 said:
Yes, he's horrible...all of you with boxes in front of mine at BadX's shop should cancel your order now ;)
yeah, i agree. because of all of you, i had to make an appointment over a month in advance to get my seat done. shame on you all. :cry:

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
I could not agree more. Since BadX did the rider's choice on my seat, my monthly gasoline bill has gone way up. I have missed countless hours of work due to leaving early to get a longer ride in. I also had him stud the seat to match my saddlebags, so now I spend alot more time in the garage staring at the bike when I should be in the house paying my bills, cleaning, etc. All of these issues just since the seat mod.

Stay away from BadX. His seat mod will cost you lots of problems!!!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
His name ain't 'BAD'X for nothing.
I, too, cannot peel my butt out of that seat until the little orange light is on for many miles.

Very very BAD man.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I was getting ready to flame you with both burners when I saw the post title. However, after reading the post I know exactly where you are coming from. Ride safe.........

·
Registered
797 Posts
Some people just gotta try to start somethin.
BEST mod ever done to mine. Allen is the best. And as soon as I can find another stock seat mine is going back for a new cover.
Larry

1 - 20 of 21 Posts