Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had 600 mile check done today. Don't feel confident enough to do it myself. Desk guy said Honda calls for two hours labor, HA! Watched service tech talk to his friends for 1hr 20min of that two hours. At least I know he checked them because I watched but it was an expensive 40 min. Next time will be me!

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
OvErKiLL{N99} said:
richie
save this link , copy it e-mail it to yourself and save or
add to favors.
it is great post on value adjustment directions

http://tech.vtxoa.com/index.php?action= ... artlang=en

also start posting in the first coast forum
be a part of our group brother :wink:
Dang, this links getting passed out a lot today!! :lol: Just posted it myself not 30 seconds ago.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry brother

Overkill-

I really am closer to the Central Florida Group. I'm only 30 miles or so from Kevin. So all though I have not had much chance to hang out with them I have talked to them quite a bit so I will just keep posting there. Thanks for the invite though-RR

·
Registered
588 Posts
RichieRich said:
Had 600 mile check done today. Don't feel confident enough to do it myself. Desk guy said Honda calls for two hours labor, HA! Watched service tech talk to his friends for 1hr 20min of that two hours. At least I know he checked them because I watched but it was an expensive 40 min. Next time will be me!
I assume you had the valves checked. Did you ride it in or trailor it in? I believe this is suppose to be done on a completely cold motor. I'm wondering if he wasnt just looking busy.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
It would need to set for more than 2 hours in order to cold enough for the valves. I like to let it sit overnight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know, I know

I was smart enough to know about engine temp for valve check. I took bike in the night before, then showed up there in the am to watch. tech guy was nice but you all know the "look" they give you, like you are a complete dummy. That lasted until I asked him what the clearance measurement was for the intake and exhaust was. But you are right it could have just been look like busy work! It's a shame we have to be so suspicious!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mix up

Overkill-

I thought you might have me mixxed up with someone else. I am from Villages but right here near Lady Lake. Yes. the plan is to be in Leesburg Saturday around 3pm.

See ya there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts