Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the easiest way to remove the tank sticker?

·
Retired Seabee, CM1
1,209 Posts
the glue part i used 'goof off" from Home depot. it may break the sticker down enough to rub it off.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Spray on some WD-40 and use your fingernail to gently get the sticker off. Be careful what solvents you may hear others using -- they may eat your paint. After getting the sticker off, wash the area off and apply a coat of wax.

·
Registered
148 Posts
heat it up in the sun and mine just peeled off without any residue or anything...btw bike is about two months old. (prolly could use a hairdryer if no sun)

·
Registered
148 Posts
yeah, i know they are still there in the pic, i peeled them off 10 minutes after i took it... :oops:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Took them off the last 2 Hondas w/ a hair drier. The first set came off so clean I put the intact stickers inside the side cover plate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
start at the corner of the sticker, peel back slow @ 45* angle....will probably leave a shadow....wipe down with mineral spirits, apply wax...repeat until shadow is gone.....done

·
Registered
27 Posts
start at the corner of the sticker, peel back slow @ 45* angle....will probably leave a shadow....wipe down with mineral spirits, apply wax...repeat until shadow is gone.....done

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I took a knife and seperated the emblem and the glue and basically rolled the glue off with my thumb. I could have taken a little more time and heated it up, but it had been setting in the sun for a while and I didn't feel like going back upstairs to get the hair dryer. It all worked out well. I have a clean look and no scratches. Just my dang thumbs are raw now. Oh and the pic on my avatar was taken before i took them off. Ride safe. Spanky

·
Registered
386 Posts
I bought a small bottle of some goo-removal stuff, made specifically for this purpose, right at the dealership where I bought the bike. It only cost a couple of bucks. I let it soak into the stickers for a few minutes, and then they peeled off quickly and easily.
I know similar stuff is available at places like Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.

·
Registered
443 Posts
the label on goof off says not to use on paint...I think......bug and tar remover works well.......

·
Registered
592 Posts
I used a hair dryer. I didn't have great results with the goof off on my other bike. The safety stickers on the tank were the worst to remove, but be patient, and use a little heat and they will peel right off.

·
Registered
159 Posts
A tank bib works wonders ! Looks good too. I had the dealer install it and I'm sure that pesky tag is still under there !

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
seXy beast said:
A tank bib works wonders ! Looks good too. I had the dealer install it and I'm sure that pesky tag is still under there !
What???? A Woman without a hair dryer??? :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts