Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can sign in, surf threads, "like" posts, etc.

If I type out a reply and hit "reply", nothing. This has been for forever, now. Sucks. I hate using IE and it's kept me scarce here as of late.

I use firefox with noscript to block ads and pop-ups and such, but for whatever reason, since new owners can't post using it. No problem until then. Figured it would be fixed by now, but nope. Just tried.

Strange.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And as an aside, in IE it's PAINFULLY slow, lags, my text lags as I type and the pages are slow, etc.

Forgot that part until just now as I'm looking around and posting in IE.

It's not pleasant to surf in IE and I can't post using firefox. Sucks, because I love this site.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Site not loading properly because of long-running script, "stop script?", stuff like that happening now as I surf. Just noting stuff that makes me not use IE here and I still visit, use firefox, but it means I don't really participate as much from a posting/replying standpoint. Clunky as hell in IE for me.

I have a decent machine and do not encounter this on the handful of other forums I frequent, either. Firefox with noscript works like a dream.

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
During some upgrades 64 bit FF had issues on my PC.
I went to 32 bit and all was good.
I am surprised to see I am using the 64 bit again.
I am not using an ad blocker and do not have any issues with ads..
I do not see any ads...

FF 59.0.2 64 bit

I am using the "Quick reply" window below the last posted on window..
Also using "Post Quick Reply" button on the bottom of the window..

I just remembered I used to have your problem after the vtxoa site upgraded.
C-Spike told me to use "Quick Reply" and I have since then..

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
5 year old laptop.. Firefox 64 bit....59.0.2...
Windows 7 Pro..

I remember Firefox 58 something did have issues...
I am not running any ad-blocker.

no problems with pop-ups or ad's.

Hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm running FF 59.0.2 64 bit, Win 10, Adblock plus with no problems. Good luck!

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
I have used FF for a long time now and it still works here for me. After one of the FF updates I started having issues on other sites. It would not display certain parts of the page or fail to load. I switched back to Chrome for the time being.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
I don't use NoScript, but everything seems to work as it should. IE is dead, I wouldn't use it at all. I use FF x64 but I'm on the ESR version (currently 52.7.3). I like this better because my addons are more likely to be updated. Generally all problems are resolved by the time ESR advances.

You can get FF ESR here;
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/

You could use Chrome, but I have issue with their privacy policy. A good alternative is Chromium. Works like Chrome but doesn't have all of the Google spy stuff in it. They keep that stuff out of the open source version because they don't want people to now what's in there.

·
Administrator
602 Posts
Testing again

Can't recreate yet. Just to make sure, have you cleared cookies at all recently? Might be worth a try if you haven't.

Otherwise, have you tried disabling your Firefox extras temporarily to see if you can post again?

Kevin

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK. So I forgot one. Firefox, NoScript, Adblock Plus. Adblock doing it? I'll go check. I'm in IE to post this.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not AdBlock Plus. Must be in all the google script I block. I allow vtxoa and vglink, but I'm not interested in the 25 other lines of script coming back to my machine, namely like a dozen or more google scripts.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oddly enough, I can post and reply to IMs in FF, so go figure.

·
Administrator
602 Posts
If you're on IE, please go into compatibility mode
They have stopped support for that browser thus, some functionality may not work unless you're on compatibility mode
Please refer to this link: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=35591

As for FF, please don't use No Script on this site as some functions get blocked. (From my own experience)
I would suggest turning off all those extensions as well.

Ed

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you're on IE, please go into compatibility mode
They have stopped support for that browser thus, some functionality may not work unless you're on compatibility mode
Please refer to this link: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=35591

As for FF, please don't use No Script on this site as some functions get blocked. (From my own experience)
I would suggest turning off all those extensions as well.

Ed

Thanks, Ed. NoScript is a deal-breaker for me, though. I can post in IE like this, but it's clunky. Maybe I'll try the link above next time.

To be clear, I used to post using FF/AdBlock/NoScript, so not sure what's up. Might be one of the ad-ons changed something and not vtxoa. I just prefer to control who accesses my machine. Or at least try to most of the time. I know it's futile.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Most likely an update with the extensions which may hinder your browsing experience with the site.
Are you still having difficulties with this at the moment?

Ed
Yep.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts