Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I can get some advice from experienced folks. Mine is an '05 1300R, 9K miles, V&H big shots, Kuryakyn hypercharger. Just had a gent (Honda-certified tech) install a Dyno jet kit. I took it to him in the first place because she was hesitating (missing??) at 45 or 50 mph, backfiring, etc. Got to speed (55 or better), gave it throttle, and it kept hesitating.

A month after the kit install, still doing the same. Is this an air/fuel mixture issue? Did I get 'took', as they say (hope not, since this mechanic has a pretty good rep). Any chance that my earlier installation of quiet baffles (from the dealer) has anything to do with this? Appreciate any feedback from the experts.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
It's either jetted wrong or possibly a problem with the ecm wires (grey / black module on top of the battery box.)

IMO -take it back to whover did the carb work.

·
Registered
615 Posts
It's either jetted wrong or possibly a problem with the ecm wires (grey / black module on top of the battery box.)

IMO -take it back to whover did the carb work.
+1 Find out what jet sizes were used... dyno kits are sized funky. I am a big fan of Factory Pro. Poison is the man when it comes to carb set up as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts