Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some good installation instructions for the Kuryakyn Run-Turn-Brake, Part Number: KY-4710, and the diode kit, for metric cruisers.

Anybody have a link to some good instructions?

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still Need Help!

Sorry, Bare...
I have looked at so much crap that I can't remember what all I have researched already. Thanks for the links, again. :oops:

I tried hooking up all of the components and now have even more questions.

1. I need a diode kit for each blinker. Correct?
2. Blinkers still blink quickly even with all of the right parts. Is this normal?
3. I cannot have my turn signal lights in the off state at all times except when the turn signal is activated with this device. Or is there a way to hook up the diodes without connecting the running light power?

Is all of this accurate, normal or true?

Signed,
Dazed and Confused!

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
Re: Still Need Help!

greenmachine! said:
Sorry, Bare...
I have looked at so much crap that I can't remember what all I have researched already. Thanks for the links, again. :oops:

I tried hooking up all of the components and now have even more questions.

1. I need a diode kit for each blinker. Correct?
2. Blinkers still blink quickly even with all of the right parts. Is this normal?
3. I cannot have my turn signal lights in the off state at all times except when the turn signal is activated with this device. Or is there a way to hook up the diodes without connecting the running light power?

Is all of this accurate, normal or true?

Signed,
Dazed and Confused!
I was just joking around, no harm meant. :wink:

1) One diode for the entire bike

2) This is because LED's don't draw as much power, the turn signal flasher thinks the bike has a blown out bulb - use load EQ's or a universal flasher (both on my site) to correct the problem.

3) It is my understanding that this unit cannot be used without running light functionality, there may be a setting I am unaware of but I don't think there is. If you don't want running lights then why bother with an RTB unit? There are other ways to accomplish brake and turn signals if you wanted just that.

:wink:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kury RTB

Bare,
Never take anything personal and I'm hard to offend.

1. From what I remember, per the Kury Instructions, it says to put it inline with each blinker. Where do I put it so I can get away with only one?

2. No LED's, just down from four to two blinkers.

3. I bought this particular unit in anticipation for rear LED's at a later time. I also am just courious about not using the running lights as I am a little worried about getting in troubel for rear facing amber lights. I am also a little worried about my visability at night with the lights on which I did not anticipate prior to purchase. Just want to know for future reference in case I need to make changes.

Here is a link to some pictures which may help explain my situation.
Sorry for the Dark Picture, My wife made the site and labeled all the pics...
http://home.comcast.net/~kirkhart/Album ... ed_JPG.htm

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
Re: Kury RTB

greenmachine! said:
Bare,
Never take anything personal and I'm hard to offend.

1. From what I remember, per the Kury Instructions, it says to put it inline with each blinker. Where do I put it so I can get away with only one?

2. No LED's, just down from four to two blinkers.

3. I bought this particular unit in anticipation for rear LED's at a later time. I also am just courious about not using the running lights as I am a little worried about getting in troubel for rear facing amber lights. I am also a little worried about my visability at night with the lights on which I did not anticipate prior to purchase. Just want to know for future reference in case I need to make changes.

Here is a link to some pictures which may help explain my situation.
Sorry for the Dark Picture, My wife made the site and labeled all the pics...
http://home.comcast.net/~kirkhart/Album ... ed_JPG.htm
1) Read the diode write-up on my website, it tells you where to install it.

2) You will need a load EQ to simulate the front blinkers still being there, also on my site. If you want another option grab a universal flasher (also on my site).

3) If you want rear running lights in red you might try this as an option:

http://tech.vtxoa.com/index.php?action= ... artlang=en

:wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts