Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,871 Posts
Congratulations!
2nd Generation had a better Electrical Ground system than 1st generation and no external vacuum Fuel Pressure Regulator.
My brother in law had an 05 1800F, starter switch and a battery were his only problems.
Starter Switch "clean and Lube" repaired his starter switch..
Starter switch maintenance is in the Step by Step board.(Rattlebars)

·
Old Goat
24,218 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:.......

·
Registered
192 Posts
Still riding my 05 1300c dad bought new and totaled in 2010 with 15k miles i bought it from insurance and rebuild it from the frame up when i was 16 still riding it almost 10 years later and just under 90k miles 😎

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I'm still riding my '07 1800N I bought new in 2/08. Still running strong with 106000 miles on it. 😊

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey all,
As long as we are talking about the "F" series bike, If you would be kind enough, there is an 05 1800 F series bike for sale locally, 5500 Miles. I have been thinking about going to have a look. From the picture it looks to be pretty much all stock and in excellent shape.
A couple questions, What makes the "F" series unique? I am familiar with the R S and C models.
Also, what are the "Stages" 1 2 and 3 all about.

What would be a I can't pass this up better "Buy it now price"? Thanks :p

·
Registered
8,985 Posts

·
Registered
10,871 Posts
10Ring Spec1 is the Standard Finish 1800
Spec 2 has more polished items
Spec 3 has more of 2 plus chromed pieces

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thx guys, appreciate the responses. Noted that I was a bit hasty with my inquiry, I did a (really) quick search. One website posted that the "F" series was manufactured more as a Performance bike so I thought the Spec's 1-3 were more performance related instead of trim packages.

Anyway's, that bike I saw is priced at $6500? to much or about right for a clean bike, Seems a bit much to me.
Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
What makes the "F" series unique?
I have ridden S, R, C, and F models of the VTX1800. On the bikes I have ridden, and from my own experiences, what sets the F model apart from the others is the handling when riding 'in a sporting nature' in the curves. There is a direct correlation between that handling difference and the size of the wheels (and matching radial tire choices) on the F model vs. the others. Any of the 1800s will get through the curves just fine...the F does it the best is all.

John

·
Registered
8,985 Posts
ok, on the "F" and handling.....

my past rear tire.. at track days

center by on Flickr

left is 0/32, center is 2/32, right is 1/32.
I still 'hand off' on my "F".. street or track. !!.

and I am Real, "OLD"...!! just not slow.

IMG_0044 by, on Flickr

December 2004, motorcycle magazine ad from Honda for the "F"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts