Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Spring (2020), I bought a new Tom Tom, GO Supreme 5 unit.
"TomTom Go Supreme 5 WiFi with Lifetime Traffic and Maps (Us-Can-Mex), Spoken Turn-by-Turn Directions, Advanced Lane Guidance."

I have had a chance to use this quite a bit this year and it works great. Displaying construction areas, detours, and a ton of options you can program into it. I have it mounted right in the center of my handle bars and connected by a cigarette lighter type AC plug. The only down side is you really can't hear the directional voice very well but after all your on a motorcycle. I can see clearly what is on the display screen and it has touch screen and brightness control.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
I stop and ask the Native Americans "which fork of the road takes me to the Blue Coat fort?"

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that really is old school... :D

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
999 Posts
Old school?? Really, I am still using paper maps. LOL

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Hmm, not bad if it truly has all those features advertised. But how does it get the traffic information? Via satellite? Didn't know GPS satellites carried that. WiFi doesn't help on the road either. Does it have a cellular chip with a data plan? What is the monthly cost for that?

Does it have BlueTooth? You could pipe the voice directions into earphones (or headset).
I assume you don't have a smart phone to use for maps?

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have a ton of paper maps. I stop at welcome centers as you enter a state and grab a few. I have to agree with all the road construction going, It is quite easy to get lost and or drive for miles and still knot know where you are. But we all know the saying it is the ride not the destination. Sometimes I get worried about running out of gas and have no idea where a gas station is! LOL. I have a lot of stories about getting lost!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts