Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy from tenn. im new here with a new vtx 1300R 2006. learning alot here keep up the good work. can the stock carb be fine tuned [adjusted] and would i turn the D headed screw in for more lean r out to get more lean? thanks for all the help here.

G

·
It's not that easy. The d-headed screw only controls part of the circuit. You also have a needle valve and main jet for adjustments. Why are trying to change the settings?

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Clockwise to lean,counter clockwise to rich. Most stock bikes run pretty good stock & don't really need to be adjusted till you add pipes or an air kit....................................... :D Rod

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks again

good info there fellows very appr. i guess i should leave it alone and just ride i like tankering around to much, it just got a little black sout comeing out when u first rive it up some times

G

·
Re: thanks again

sawdog said:
good info there fellows very appr. i guess i should leave it alone and just ride i like tankering around to much, it just got a little black sout comeing out when u first rive it up some times
Don't use the choke unless you absolutely have to, and then only for a very limited amount of time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
picture info

im trying to figure out how to put a picture up to show off my new toy. any ideals on how? thank all ya

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very helpfull

thanks c.r.a.p ,us old hillbillys get slow sometimes less we hop on the big VTX :D . i`ll figure it out soon. yall been a big help on a lot of things bout the bike ,we glad us old fuddeys and duddys can get on here and might still learn something, like elvis would say [thank you, thank you very much.[/img]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts