Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have over 1000 miles on my X now, and want to stay stock. I want to stay away from oils that might make my clutch slip easier. I am a fan of synthetics, but do not want to effect my clutch. I was thinking HP4 honda oil to get more benefit then the HP4 honda oil, what do you guys think? I may go to a synthetic next change, probably in 500 miles or so. I change fairly often and keep my oil looking nice. I have never let my oil get black black in anything I drive. Opinions appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
63,857 Posts
There are many, many, many, many threads on oils and clutch slips. The clutch slipping seems to be more on a bike to bike basis rather than a "What oil" basis. As long as you do not puoil in that has the term "Energy Conserving" in the API circle stamp on the back of the bottle, you're OK. AMSOIL, Mobil1 are 2 of the top oils used by VTXers. 8)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Spike, Have you ever heard of Motul oil? That's what I have in my VTX right now. I used it in my Valkyrie...with no problems.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Of course my clutch is slipping like hell, but it was slipping like hell before I put the Motul oil in. Anyone know about this particular brand of oil for the VTX?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I've used Shell Rotella T for about 9500 miles
no problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts