Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put Jardine Drag pipes on my '30 retro 1800, then a short time later did the desmog/airbox mod. If I read Tapper's article right, I don't have to worry about my vtx running too lean, because the stock ECU will adjust the fuel/air ratio appropriately. Is this correct, Tapper or Spike????

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Tex, what I understood it 2 say was that the bike ran rich enough outa da box that
mild mods wouldn't hurt. I don't always understand correctly.

Hey JC can ya load more than 1 map @ a time where ya could alternate betwixt 2 maps on the pc3? Doesn't seem like it would take a lot of memory 2 have 1 performance & 1 mileage.................

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
not at this time but a custom map should get you close if not there are the buttons

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Was afraid of that. @ the risk of exposing my dumassedness....What buttons???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, how would I know if my bike was running too lean? How would I know if I needed to do something?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
amarillo_texan said:
Well, how would I know if my bike was running too lean? How would I know if I needed to do something?
unless you add a big air intake the bike will be fine. this is where LOAD control dynos help. you load the bike like it is onthe road and you will see if it is lean or rich.
Bottons??? the ones on a PC3

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Bear w.me. I had 2 do a search 2 understand what da buttons did!

I get a pc3 w/custom map. I decide it runs like a scalded ape but my mileage sux. I push da buttons 2 lean it out. Later I want 2 go back 2 the custom map settings. Can I just push buttons 2 get there or do I have 2 d/l the map again?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts