Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my question.....Has anyone modified there stock pipes on the 1300c model and if so what is the best way. I'm looking for a better sound but a little low on funds. Just wanted to know if I could take matters into my own hands before dishing out money for new pipes. Thanks

·
Registered
889 Posts
First off, welcome to the board. You're gonna find alote of good info around here. For the most part, If you are thinking about doing something to your bike, chances are someone around here has done it and can help you out.

The Clayton mod is pretty cool and very easy to do. You can find it on NC Brew's vtx page. Here is the link:

http://vtx1300tips.com/

You'll want to save this site. It has a ton of great info about the vtx.

Again, welcome

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have performed the Clayton Mod on my 1300C and I like it. I started off with 6 holes 1/2" in diameter and kept it that way for about a thousand miles, then I decided to experiement a little since I'm getting some HK 2.5's next month (mostly due to looks and weight savings) and so I drilled 3 of the holes out bigger to 3/4" and the sound is even better. It has a nice low pitched rumble at idle, with a healthy low roar when you are accelerating. Give it a shot, you'll like it.

George

1 - 4 of 4 Posts