Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like a lot of things about Trumps in-your-face management style when it comes to handling poisonous snakes like Shiff or Pelosi, but IMO he really needs to shut up and let Barr do his job. Barr seems to me to be someone with integrity and honesty and all the stupid tweeting is making Barr have the appearance of being a yes man. Knock it off already, losing Barr would not be good.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I agree

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Sadly, Trump’s weaknesses aren’t just his tweeting, or his ridiculously thin-skinned reactions to each and every criticism. Somehow his managerial and team building skills seem to be lacking too. When tremendously decent, disciplined and patriotic men like Gen. Kelly and Gen. Mattis resign from his administration, it points to additional issues.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Sadly, Trump’s weaknesses aren’t just his tweeting, or his ridiculously thin-skinned reactions to each and every criticism. Somehow his managerial and team building skills seem to be lacking too. When tremendously decent, disciplined and patriotic men like Gen. Kelly and Gen. Mattis resign from his administration, it points to additional issues.
It's odd for a business man with his history, but he doesn't delegate well. He chooses to do the things he has, or should have, people for, which is rarely good. I think this comes down to his ego, where he may feel no one can do a single thing as well as he can. That, also, is rarely true.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
I think this comes down to his ego, where he may feel no one can do a single thing as well as he can. That, also, is rarely true.
That’s kind of the way I see it too. And yet, despite Trump’s many flaws and obvious faults, the Dems appear completely unable to come up with a person or a policy or a platform that is an improvement. LOL.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
That’s kind of the way I see it too. And yet, despite Trump’s many flaws and obvious faults, the Dems appear completely unable to come up with a person or a policy or a platform that is an improvement. LOL.
Had they been smarter, a guy like Trump could be easy enough to troll. Dangle the bait and let him take it whole. The media tried but were far too transparent and made way too big a deal about silly little things. Trump could have been lead to discredit himself with his endless tweeting, but the dems were not nearly patient enough and far too stupid to play such a game. That said, he's done a pretty good job and much of his positioning includes a greater deal of "commonm" sense than we've seen in some time, so he wins simply by letting the dems self destruct.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Twitter is the media choice for narcissist like Trump and obsessive over sensitivity to what people think of him and over-the-top aggressive attacks on anyone who threatens a fragile/insecure ego is behavior Trump has no control over.

I'm frankly amazed that Trump isn't manipulate more by his weakness, which is obvious to most of the planet and leaves him/us vulnerable as our POTUS.

·
Super Moderator
6,183 Posts
You may be right HOP. But something else to consider is the idea that without Twitter, and Trump's use of it to get his message out in '16, he might not have been elected. Because the mainstream media refused to be impartial and air his campaigning talking points on what he intended to try to do for the Country.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
I am in support of the majority of Trump's policies, but as a person, I find him repugnant. His tweeter rants are just one unsavory aspect of that. Even though I would never in my lifetime vote for a gun-grabbing toady like Mike Bloomberg, I still had to laugh when Bloomberg fired back after one of Trump's lying smears about him having requested a box to stand on at debates. I'm paraphrasing, but it was pretty much - "Trump is a pathological liar, an obese fraud with a fake tan, fake hair and a phony fortune."

If Bloomberg wins the nomination, it's not going to be civil. :D Insulting, combative asshole #1 vs. Insulting, combative asshole #2.

·
Super Moderator
6,183 Posts
If after four or eight years of his presidency, the worse thing we face having had him in office is personality dislikes, we'll all be the better off for it. I've always been more or less amused by him myself but our Country is in much better shape, as are its citizens since he took office.

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
....But something else to consider is the idea that without Twitter, and Trump's use of it to get his message out in '16, he might not have been elected. Because the mainstream media refused to be impartial and air his campaigning talking points on what he intended to try to do for the Country.
Refused to be impartial? They still refuse it. They won't give positive credibility to ANY conservative position.

I too wish Trump would tone down the tweets but, without that medium, he'd had zero media voice to get his message out.

·
Super Moderator
6,183 Posts
Refused to be impartial? They still refuse it. They won't give positive credibility to ANY conservative position.

I too wish Trump would tone down the tweets but, without that medium, he'd had zero media voice to get his message out.
Yes I understand they still refuse to publish actual, true journalism. It's a business now, owned by Leftists, and one that panders to the emotionally distraught in order to keep ratings high and opposition down. The mainstream media has become the National Enquirer of politics. Fake news filled with lies, emotional garbage, and subjectivity. Catered to those who are strident anti-conservatives, 'anti-fascist' fascists, race baiters, and people either too dumb, lazy, or misguided enough to look through a clear lense.
And Twitter allowed Trump to bypass them, which drove and drives mainstream media bonkers. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Twitter try to somehow keep him from using them again during the heat of the race, leaving him only the debates to get his message out in a somewhat balanced manner (depending on who hosts them).

·
Registered
331 Posts
If after four or eight years of his presidency, the worse thing we face having had him in office is personality dislikes, we'll all be the better off for it. I've always been more or less amused by him myself but our Country is in much better shape, as are its citizens since he took office.
And for some crazy reason I think that all that matters is the good for the country. I am weird that way.
The democrats right now are like a football team that hates their opponent so much that they refuse to move.
Touchdown!

·
Old Goat
24,191 Posts
“Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth”
As Ive said before servants not masters....1 man rule should be a thing of the past....JMHO...

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Over 1,100 former DOJ officials say Attorney General Bill Barr must resign
The officials argue Barr is setting a dangerous precedent in allowing the Department of Justice to become politicized.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts