Honda VTX Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2008 VTX 1800T, 2007 HD Sportster xl1200C, 93' Ninja 250.
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I received my 1156 turn signal bulbs today for my 2008 VTX1800T and they don’t fit. The “pins” on the bulb aren’t offset correctly. All it says in the book is 21w.
Anyone know what bulb this bike takes? It looks like front and back take the same bulb on this bike. Also was looking for an LED option if anyone has what that is.

Again thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
14,276 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 VTX 1800T, 2007 HD Sportster xl1200C, 93' Ninja 250.
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
@Hans&Feet as always thank you!!! 7507 amber were the correct ones.

I took the headlight and front blinker assemblies all apart and inspected for shots or exposed wires. I didn’t find any. soooo…. I put my VTX back together after trying to find the short in the blinkers. I didn't find the short but I did replace all the turn signal bulbs with new ones. And I changed out the regular TS fuse with the resettable breaker fuse. And left it in. two days and they haven't popped the fuse.

On another note, I’ve put LED TS bulbs in tonight w/o using the resistor pack. I have to tell ya, I don’t mind the fast flash lol

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I went on a ride Saturday after replacing the turn signal fuse. After about an hour or so of riding the blinkers quit working again. ... At one of our gas stops I replaced the fuse again. Not 20 mins later the fuse had blown. ...
If all else fails, use the right size fuse!
(sorry, trying to inject some ill-timed humor into a serious situation - don't give up just yet! You'll find it! It will be in the last place you look. :D )

Engineering Gas Motor vehicle Machine Fastener

21 - 24 of 24 Posts