Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 VTX 1300C, that I am doing some work on in the next couple weeks. One thing I am already planning is replacing the rear shocks with struts, but want to know the limit to how short I can get them.. I was thinking of getting them 10" center of mount to center of mount. Is this too low?

Also, I am looking for a solo spring seat, not sure what else to call them.. Does anyone know what I need to install this, or if there are any kits out there for the VTX already?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Yes you can run 10" struts but be prepared to scrape pipes big time. Even at 10.5" you'll potentially see some hard parts touch tarmac, but depends on the pipes you are running.

Give C&C seats a call, they do a solo for 1300's. http://www.ccseats.com/

Otherwise just do like most and run a modified 1800c seat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! appreciate that.. The 1800 seat is not the look I am going for.. I am going for the thin seat with the rear of the seat sitting on a spring look.. like this: ht tp://img292.imageshack.us/img292/999/dscf3011ba9.jpg

(remove the space)

·
Registered
50 Posts
LARich, I haven't seen a solo spring seat specifically for the vtx. Not saying that they dont make 'em. Check west-eagle the website is crappy and hard to navigate but they sell all the components so doesn't Fab Kevin.
Scott

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did not get mine from there.. I will post a link later..

Con - Very rough ride..

I wouldn't say no benefits. What about people like me that want the lowered look for their bike and don't mind puttin the struts on for the 'short trips' and putting the shocks back on for the longer all day trips..

It's really all up to the owner, not up to the general public to say 'no benefits'..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh i know.. haha

trust me, for long trips, the shocks are going back on.. some friends and I are planning a 3 day 'California to North Carolina' trip and I guarantee I will not do that on a hardtail.. haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts