Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Replacing the stock air and am looking for some tricks to the trade when reattaching the hoses on the back. This has always been the most difficult part with all the bikes I've had because I really think that they intentionally leave no slack what so ever in those hoses.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Yep, those hoses to the back of the air box are surely a pain in the arse to reattach.

Kindest Regards,

-Will

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you're in a real pinch, remove the back plate completely, removing seat and lifting the gastank up.
Easy to attach hoses when loose. Pop it back in the top and install all the rest.
If you do this often like for AF adjustment, you might want to consider shortening the top holder so you can slide it out with force instead of removing the tank. Just a thought. :thumbup:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Go to the auto parts store and buy a 10-15' of vacuum hose and just keep it around for when you need it. I replaced most of mine that is on the bike with longer stuff so it isn't such a pita to get the hoses back on and off the carb/intake nipples.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I agree...that's probably the hardest part of reassembly. When you do get it back together, take a flashlight and closely examine the hoses from the other side to make sure you haven't kinked them. You don't want to kink those hoses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts