Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
To all the high school seniors complaining about missing their prom. My senior year guys were waiting for their draft card and after graduation they were soon to be in a rice patty with a machine gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
The 'Prom'. One of the biggest single most-wasted events of my teenage life. It was always COOL to be going to the Prom. Even if you didn't have a 'steady' GF. I didn't have a steady, but had my eye on Jennifer, a flag-twirler and a hottie from an underclass. As clumsy as I was with social graces, I somehow got her to go as my date. She wouldn't go out with me beforehand, in order to get to know her better, and wouldn't go out with me afterward. SHE just wanted to be COOL and be seen by all the upperclassmen and upperclass gals. Wasted $$ on my tux rental, flowers, tickets, post Prom restaurant. She had a 1 AM curfew, so that cut the evening (?) short compared to many others. I wasn't much of a dancer, except for a couple slow dances, so she danced with her friends while I sat at the table. I just felt miserable. Mostly my fault. Fortunately, another slightly younger gal, Jeannine, helped me from my social shell a couple months later. That in turn, made Jen slightly jealous, as she had a GF of hers ask me later if I was still interested in her. Guess she was up on the pedestal so long she wasn't getting asked out much. Karma is a bit##.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts