Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Please put some pics out there for the rest of us to see!! Have a safe ride !

·
Registered
824 Posts
Not doin Sturgis but I am doin Glacier National Park starting on the 10th of August. Hiways 12, 55, 21 and 75/93 on the way back from Glacier. Ride Safe!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
My wife and I are going to Sturgis again this year and my dad and his wife are meeting us there cant wait :mrgreen: we leave next wensday have fun and ride safe :doorag:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sturgis is one place an thing I would love to experience at least once. I'm still young so I have plenty of time. My wife lived up there for a few years before we met so she got to see all that goes on there, so now it's my turn. It will probably be next year or the after though since we have two small children. What would be the best way to go? Bike all the way, or haul it and get it out when we get there? Keep in mind I will be coming from Oklahoma and still considered a beginner rider. I rode dirt bikes growing up and also my share of crotch rockets which I hate and I also rode my uncles triumph for a while but that was a year or two ago and the bike I'm getting and first street bike I have owned myself is a 2002 VTX 1800. Some said I bit off more than I can choose but I believe if I respect the machine that I can handle it. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sturgis

I will be out there again this year, so keep an eye out for my green machine. Plan on staying at Glencoe this year, will heading there on Wednesday the 10. Hope to see some of you there.

·
Registered
364 Posts
We'll see y'all there! In Rapid City 8/11-8/15.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I will be out there. Staying at the Days of 76 camp in Deadwood from the 7th to the 12th. This will be my first Sturgis and I am pumped. Going with a couple we always ride with. Taking their motorhome and pulling the bikes in a trailer behind. Gonna be awesome. Hopefully see some of you there. I will take plenty of photos and post all the appropriate ones :cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
The wife and I will be there for our first time.

Will be staying in Rapid City from the 8th to the 12th.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am going up this year with a group of 7. Were all riding and taking one "chase truck". Leaving Dallas on the 3rd and scheduled to be back on the 12th.

·
Registered
105 Posts
A group of 8 leaving Houston leaving 8/5 returning around 8/13. Being that I'm the only Honda in the bunch the only thing i'm worried about will be more gas stops then the HD boys, i believe that they have 6 gallon tanks so i plan on taking a couple of the MSR canisters with fuel just in case, we are all pumped and ready to go.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Don't know if you guys have riden in that area before, but if not you'll love it. You will have to check out old hill city road, between Hill City and Keystone. It is a fun little ride, only about 12 or 13 miles, you cross the old steam locomotive tracks about a dozen times. Just a fun little scenic twisty ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sturgis

Live in Rapid City, make the Rally each year, it is already getting packed and we are a week or so out, went through town last saturday the 23rd going this weekend to the busted nuckel for fun, be looking for you all

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Headed out Aug. 19th for Glacier and then over to Dokata but not for bike week, too busy for me.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I will be there again :) headed out on the 5th,

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did Buffalo Chip my first year. A little too much over the top for me. I'm a grandpa now, with 13 grandkids and prefer the nice and quiet areas. I know, where is it nice and quiet in Sturgis? Well, there isn't any there, but there is outside of Deadwood. A little unknown campground called Roubaix and is part of the Black Hills National forest. Has a lake to cool off in. It is just about 10 miles south of Deadwood.

Ride safe.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts